Soda Spill - August 3rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan and Kris were hanging out at Luhan’s apartment, watching a random movie that was on the TV. They had a few fun plans for that day, but for some reason Kris was in a completely bad mood, so they decided to stay in. Luhan thought it would be for the best.

He didn’t really ask, but he just guessed Kris got annoyed at something from work, and was having a hard time letting go. He understood, so he didn’t try to push his boyfriend to be happy or lighten up. He didn’t want to end up annoying Kris even more.

“I’m gonna go refill our sodas, okay?”

He gently said, taking Kris empty cup and going to the kitchen. He sighed, taking that moment to breathe freely, trying to get rid of all the tense energy. He quickly poured cold soda into the cups and rushed back, not really because he wanted to see the movie, but because he didn’t want to keep Kris waiting.

“Here you go.”

As Luhan approached, reaching the cup out so Kris could grab it, he tripped over his own feet. He was able to keep his balance and continue standing, but in that quick second he fell forward, the entire content of Kris cup had been dumped all over its owner.

The shock was so great that for a moment Luhan felt that time had stopped. But he snapped back so quickly, realizing what had been done.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!!”

Luhan desperately said, but he could see Kris getting mad. The man started frowning, and that made Luhan take a few steps back.

“Ugh, how do you manage to always do something like this? Seriously, my shirt will be stained now!”

Kris complained, raising his voice, making Luhan back away even more. The latter had never seen Kris like that, his boyfriend was always soft and kind to him, even when he was complaining. But that day he was so mad, that actually let it explode.

“And I’m all wet now!”

“I’m so sorry! I’ll get one of those shirts you keep in my closet, so you can change! I’m sorry!”

Luhan rushed to his room, quickly grabbing the first shirt he identified as being Kris’ – because he knew if he grabbed one of his own, it would never fit – and dashed back to the living room, but as soon as his eyes met Kris’, he slowed down. He approached carefully, handing him the shirt with his arms stretched out, his body as far away as possible. It was like he was trying to feed a tiger or something.

Kris noticed this, and quickly his expression changed. Luhan was scared of him. He instantly regretted snapping like that. It wasn’t fair, it wasn’t the poor man’s fault.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been rude to you like that.”

Kris said, taking the shirt and looking down.

“I guess it’s not a very good day for me. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”

He continued, turning back to Luhan with sad eyes that begged for forgiveness.

“It’s okay.”

Luhan started, sitting next to Kris on the couch.

“It was my bad anyways. I’m sorry.”

Luhan gave him a weak smile, which Kris reciprocated. The larger man then started to move in, about to hug his boyfriend, but he stopped midway, getting a questioning look from Luhan as to why he stopped.

“My shirt is all wet. If I hug you, you’ll be wet too.”

Kris said, laughing as he got up to change. Luhan’s smile grew, as he was happy to finally see Kris getting into a good mood.

 

The End. 610 Words.