Perfection - April 21st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongdae left the house, entering the back yard with a tray in hand. He had made lunch, but since Kris wouldn’t come in no matter how many times he called, he just decided to take the food to him.

The taller man was very focused on the canvas in front of him, moving his brush with a lot of precision. He was definitely what people would call a perfectionist, and he always tried to make his paintings the best possible. But most of the time he got so concentrated that he forgot the world around him. He would work for hours straight.

That particular painting, he had been working on since he woke up, and to him, it was still only a few minutes after. He had no idea it could already be lunch time.

“You need a break. Time to eat.”

Jongdae said, tapping Kris should with one hand, and then moving to place the tray on the patio table. Kris nodded, but his eyes stayed fixed, and he continued to work. With a sigh, the other man had no other choice than to take extreme actions. He waited until the brush moved away from the canvas, moving to be loaded up with more pain, and he grabbed Kris’ hand.

“What?”

The man asked, finally looking over, confused about what happened, and why his hand wasn’t moving. He saw Jongdae smiling at him, and suddenly, over all the paint smell, he could sense the wonderful sent of a beautifully cooked meal, and his stomach growled.

“Oh, lunch time.”

 He said as he smiled back, getting up and moving to a sink on the side of the house, to get cleaned up.

 

The End. 282 Words.