The Ghost of Oh Sehun - January 26th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Ghost AU.

 

Kyungsoo just hated to be home alone. The things he saw at those moments scared him, and the fact that nobody else could see it as well only made it worse.

He was seeing a ghost. Almost every time he found himself alone in his apartment, he’d see the young man, standing still, staring at him with hurt in his eyes.

 He looked bloody and beat up, clothes messy and bruises all over, but the pain Kyungsoo saw in his stare wasn’t physical, it was like his heart was hurting.

No one believed Kyungsoo, most of his friends and family said that he was working too hard, seeing things, and that he needed a good night’s sleep, a few others even went as far as calling him crazy, and some times, he wanted to agree with them. He felt crazy, but what he was seeing was real, he was sure of it. And the more the ghost appeared before him, the more he became certain.

And he started getting obsessed. Letting fear drive his mind, he started searching, looking for reasons to why that ghost was appearing to him, and who was that poor young man. And after a lot of hours of deep research, with a lot of disturbing content involved, he found a very old newspaper article, that was linked to his building, his apartment precisely.

The horrible passing of Oh Sehun, beaten to death by his own father. His dad was clinically insane, and had been under the care of the young man for several years, as he was the only bit of family that was willing to watch out for him. The police reported that the old man had an episode, and caught his son off guard, easily beating him out of consciousness, and continuing so until an officer had to forcefully restrain him.

That was why his body was so damaged, he suffered an ugly death. And Kyungsoo then understood why his soul was still holding on, showing up around the apartment. He couldn’t let go, he couldn’t move on. After he gave so much to take care of his father, to have his end come by the hands of that very man he loved so much.

Kyungsoo sympathized. And maybe that was why he could see Sehun, because he had been through a similar situation, and knew what it felt like. He knew how deep it burned into his heart to be betrayed by someone he gave everything to protect.

But knowing of Sehun’s story didn’t help his situation. Feeling sadness and pity for the young man didn’t make a difference, he was still scared. He was terrified, and as much as he saw ways online to communicate with a ghost, help it move on, he wouldn’t dare to try. It was not his obligation, he owed him nothing. If Sehun wanted to stick around and mourn over the way he died, Kyungsoo wouldn’t be the one to try to stop him.

And so he started another search, looking for rentable apartments in a nice location, close to his work place. If Sehun was tied to the place he died, and kept appearing in front of Kyungsoo because if that, all the man had to do was move, and he’d never have to worry about seeing the ghost of Oh Sehun ever again.

 

The End. 559 Words.