Wake Me Up Before You Go - January 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

“Joonmyun. Joonmyun, wake up.”

Yixing’s soft voice didn’t seem to be enough to get his lover out of his sleeping state, to the man had to resource to shaking him, and in no time, he opened his eyes.

A bit confused, Joonmyun quickly looked around. Their room was still dark, as the sun hadn’t come out yet, and Yixing stood next to the bed, leaning over towards him, smiling sweetly, completely dressed. Joonmyun shot up to a sitting position, suddenly very aware of everything.

“What time is it?”

He asked, taking a deep breath right after, and rubbing his eyes, trying to force the tiredness off of them. Yixing put a hand on his shoulder, to calm him down and allow him to relax, because he had no reason to rush.

“4:30.”

The Chinese man answered, and his boyfriend immediately frowned, looking over at him with sad eyes, a puppy look that Yixing had grown quite accustomed to.

“No.”

Joonmyun started in a whiny voice, reaching over to his phone on the bedside table, and confirming that it was indeed 4:30. 4:34 more precisely, and that meant Yixing had to go.

“But… Why didn’t you wake me up? I put an alarm. I was supposed to get up with you, and make you breakfast, and see you off by the door, properly…”

Yixing only smiled back initially, getting a sudden urge to kiss his desperate boyfriend, but he held back, knowing it wouldn’t be accepted until an explanation came through.

“You just looked so peaceful sleeping. I couldn’t wake you up, so I just turned off the alarm.”

Joonmyun continued to look at him with sad eyes, feeling almost a bit lost while he tried to envision spending almost a whole month without seeing Yixing, feeling his touch. He hated when they had to be apart, but the other had to go to China, it was his job.

“Don’t look so down. We’ll video chat all the time ok? I’ll be back before you know it.”

And with that line, Yixing leaned down for the kiss he wanted, and got a proper response, leaving a pouty Joonmyun when he pulled away.

“I have to go.”

He said, still smiling, and when Joonmyun started to show that he was getting up, to at least walk him to the door, Yixing gently pushed him back down on the bed.

“Don’t get up, go back to sleep.”

He said, and his boyfriend nodded slightly, leaning forward, silently asking for one more kiss, and he gladly obliged.

 

The End. 423 Words.