Get Married, Start a Family - September 16th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Minseok had gotten at that age where all his friends were getting married, and starting families. He seemed to be the only one who hadn’t found someone yet, and now even his younger friends had babies, while he didn’t even have a girlfriend.

He didn’t mind it much, but everyone around him seemed to obsess about it. His love life was the constant topic of conversation among the married couples, and as much as he tried to make them understand he was okay, they insisted he needed to be with someone, some even went as far as to set him up on dates. It never worked thought.

Minseok just wasn’t ready for the whole ‘get married, start a family’ thing. He was pretty laid back most of the time, and pretended not to care, but he actually was a bit scared of it.

“I’m just saying, it would be nice, you know? And you’re going to be so happy to have someone in your life that loves you more than anything.”

Jongin’s wife said, as she wiped spit out of her coffee table, since their baby had made a mess out of it.

“Are you even looking Hyung? What happened to that nice girl we set you up with, Soori? You never called her again.”

Jongin completed, lightly going up and down as he walked around the room, trying to sooth his whining baby.

“Yeah, we didn’t really match. She didn’t seem like she wanted to me to call either, it’s not like I just ignored her. We didn’t have fun on the date.”

Minseok answered. He was placed on the further end of the couch, sitting uncomfortably in the middle of a mess of toys, wipes, and other unrecognizable baby paraphernalia.

“That’s too bad.”

Jongin’s wife cooed, as she got up, going to the kitchen to clean up the cloth she had used on the table.

And in a perfect timing, Jongin’s little boy made a loud noise, and with a hiccup, he spit up again, this time straight on to his dad’s shirt.

“Oh no…”

Jongin started, rocking the baby a little more as he reached for a wipe and cleaned up his son’s mouth. He then moved the baby boy to his other arm, taking a good look at the mess in his shirt.

“And this is my favorite shirt… I have to go rince it, can you hold him for a while?”

Jongin had formed that last sentence as a question, but he didn’t wait for any answer before prettily placing the baby on Minseok’s lap, whose hands hovered around the tiny human, unsure of what to do until the baby started to lose balance, so he held onto his little body.

“Wait- No-“

Minseok tried to stop Jongin, but it was too late, as the younger man just ignored him and went to the nearest bathroom.

Minseok hesitated, feeling the most awkward as he ever felt, looking down at the baby boy, who he was holding at quite a distance from his torso, almost as if it was some icky thing he didn’t want to touch. And as much as Minseok loved Jongin’s son, that’s pretty much what he viewed him as for the moment.

And as the two stared into each other’s eyes, the corner of the baby’s lips started to drop down, like a couple of anchors were pulling it down. Water filled his eyes, and he still held Minseok’s stare for a second in silence, but the man knew what was to come.

“Oh no… Don’t…”

There was no use. In a flash, that tiny human who was sitting in his lap opened his mouth, a horrid sound coming out as he commenced to bawl his eyes out.

Needless to say, Minseok felt desperate, and unsure of what to do. Thankfully, Jongin’s wife came rushing back from the kitchen, and took over the baby duty, leaving Minseok to sigh to himself as his body went limb and he slid down on the couch a bit.

 

The End. 673 Words.