Are We There Yet? - July 26th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Family AU. Children!Chanyeol+Jongdae

 

“Sooo… You have to take the next left.”

Joonmyun said as he trying to fold the map back to its initial shape, which seemed like an impossible task to him, since all he was doing was crinkling it up.

“Ok.”

Kris answered, his hands firm on the steering wheel and eyes on the road the entire time, ignoring the fuss Joonmyun was causing with the map.

They had been on the road for more than an hour already, on their way to Joonmyun’s grandmother’s ranch. But they seemed to have gotten lost on the way, as they were supposed to be there half an hour ago.

“Are we there yet?”

Chanyeol asked, in a weak and voice, too bored and tired from all the time spent inside that car.

“Wait, the next left? But that will just take us back to that road we were at before, won’t it?”

Kris questioned, trying to draw a map in his mind of the paths they had taken. His inquiry caused Joonmyun to frown, and try to open the map again, causing another ruckus as he did so.

“No no, if we go right it’ll lead us to that road. Left is the right way.”

Joonmyun confirmed, but his voice didn’t make it seem like he was sure, and he started squinting at the map, and even turning it around to get a better sense of the road they were currently in.

“Are we there yeeet??”

Chanyeol asked again, this time a bit louder, but just as before he got ignored. His parent’s had started a deep discussion about road names, none really sure about the road they were currently on, but they obviously had different opinions, and that was causing conflict.

“Are. We. There. Yet?”

Chanyeol proceeded to repeat the words, but not paying attention to the adults anymore, and turning to his sleeping brother.

He asked the same question a couple more times, but then stopped completely, his mischievous eyes glinting at the sight of how peaceful Jongdae seemed. How terrible would it be if something were to wake him up.

With a smile on his face, Chanyeol reached out, grabbing a hold of Jongdae’s ear, and pulling it as hard as he could.

“AAAAAAHH!”

The kid screamed, his ear burning in pain. And of course, that was more than enough to get the adults attention.

“What is going on back there?!”

Kris asked, in the most serious tone he had, which meant a scolding was on his way.

But Chanyeol, feisty as ever, showed him some attitude as he responded.

“I’ll tell you in a second, but before I do, can you answer something?”

The kid talked as if he was a grown up lawyer, and that threw Kris off. Even amidst the desperate crying of Jongdae, he let Chanyeol go on.

“What?”

“I just wanted to know: Are we there yet?”

 

The End. 483 Words.