Speed Dating - June 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Kyungsoo saw speed dating as a desperate measure. Something one would do when there were no more options to find romance.

Still, there he was, taking part in such event.

 But he wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for his friend Tao, who practically forced him to participate.

So there they both were, at a gay speed dating round, moving from table to table, and meeting all sorts of guys.

The little annoying bell rang one more time, and Kyungsoo got up, not even saying bye to the guy he had been with for the past minute, considering the man was boring him to death.

 The next table he sat at seemed more promising, since the guy there looked pretty hot.

“Hi, I’m Jongin. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

Still, he wasn’t really okay with the whole ordeal, so he was being a bit difficult. He diddn’t want to be there, and he was letting everyone know, even if they were hot.

“So, what’s your damage?”

He had asked that at every table so far, and all the answers had been awkward and slightly offended.

But not this guy. He answered very naturally, like he agreed with Kyungsoo’s view.

“People tend to leave me. I’ve been engaged twice and left at the altar both times. The last one at least bothered to call me and say why. Apparently, I’m too nice, and that made him see how horrible he was as a human being. Like that’s my fault, the stupid bastard.”

Kyungsoo just stared as Jongin smiled at him. He didn’t expect such an honest answered, and the question that followed was even more surprising.

“And what is your damage?”

Kyungsoo actually smiled before answering. He finally found an okay one to talk to.

“Obnoxious friend thinks I’m lonely, so he stole my XBOX and forced me to come otherwise he’d destroy it.”

Jongin laughed, and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but do the same, as the man’s laughter seemed to be infectious.

“You should report him to the police.”

Jongin joked, making them laugh more.

“I should.”

Kyungsoo was finally having fun. And he would probably even be interested in meeting Jongin after that, though he would never admit it to Tao.

 

The End. 372 Words.