His Girlfriend - July 21st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Junior High AU.

 

Chanyeol looked at his clock one more time, seeing the minute pointer pass by again, confirming to him that Baekhyun was now more than one hour late.

He had been standing in the street corner for too long, and not only his feet were getting tired, but the old ladies that were selling street food around had started to look at him with pity in their eyes, like he had been stood up.

And he felt like he had, honestly. His friend was more than an hour late, and only now sent a quick text that he was on his way.

“Here you go honey. Free of charge! I hope she comes.”

One of the old ladies approached him, placing a skewer in his hand and tapping his shoulder, moving away before even hearing what he had to say.

“No, I’m not waiting…”

She was already over by her friendly street vendors, not able to hear him even if he tried to scream. But he finished his sentence anyway.

“Not waiting for a girl.”

Just as he mumbled that under his breath and then took a bite of the food he was given, Baekhyun showed up, strolling over to him, not looking flushed or hurried, like he didn’t care about being late.

“Oh hey! I’m here!!”

The boy greeted, waving as he came close. He took one quick look at Chanyeol’s hand, and his mouth that was obviously filled, and protested.

“What are you already eating for? I thought we were going to eat lunch together!”

Baekhyun’s complaint only brought up more anger from Chanyeol.

“I’m eating, because you’re an A-hole, who shows up an hour later than what was planned! I’m hungry!! And I’ve been standing here for over an hour, do you thing that was fun?!”

Chanyeol snapped, surprising baekhyun just a bit, but the boy reacted differently. Instead of feeling sorry, and trying to argue back, he looked victorious.

“Sorry dude, I was on the phone with Taeyeon, you know: my girlfriend. We talked too much and I lost track of time.”

Chanyeol couldn’t help but roll his eyes. He was completely done with that. Ever since Baekhyun had started dating, he was making a huge fuss out of it. Since he was the only guy with a girlfriend in their friends’ group, he kept rubbing it on everyone’s faces, like he was better than them.

Chanyeol was really coming to dislike Baekhyun. They had been friends for most of their lives, but he just didn’t know if he could tolerate that sort of thing anymore. It had been way too much times that Baekhyun had blown his off to be with his precious girlfriend, or arrived late because of her.

He wanted to scream, and have a full out fight, but he controlled himself. They were on the street, and he was hungry and barely thinking straight. For now, he’d hold it in. Later he’d try to talk to Baekhyun, calmly, and see if the boy listened. But now food was priority, and since Baekhyun was late, Chanyeol had the advantage.

“Fine, but since you made me wait, you’re paying for my lunch.”

 

The End. 527 Words.