Tasty Food and Silly Company - January 25th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun hummed as he entered the apartment, being in quite a good mood, since he had allowed himself to pick up some delicious fattening food on the way to Jongdae’s home.

“Once in a while won’t kill us, right~?”

He happily talked to himself, comfortably navigating his best friend’s apartment, leaving the food on the kitchen counter. The place was completely silent, but Baekhyun knew Jongdae was in his room, probably frying his brain out trying to write the next chapter for his book.

Jongdae had always wanted to be a writer, that was one of the first things he told Baekhyun on the day they first met. And now, years later, after a lot of hard work, he was very close to reaching it, close to finishing his first novel.

Baekhyun felt so proud of him, especially because he had been there to see it all. He was next to Jongdae when the boy first had the idea for the story, he was the first person to read the first chapter, and he was Jongdae’s personal cheerleader, always encouraging him, never letting him give up.

They had come so far.

“No! This !”

Jongdae screamed loudly, his voice filled with frustration, and Baekhyun could hear the noise of things being thrown across the room. He immediately walked in to that cue, giving his agitated friend the silliest smile he could musk out.

“I’ve brought food.”

Jongdae just stared at the chipper individual in front of him, tiredness and annoyance still plastered on him face. He was quite a sight at the moment, wearing overly comfortable clothes, with a few stains here and there, and his hair in a turmoil, probably caused by the aspiring writer’s frustration.

“You can work more after we eat, come on!”

Baekhyun called, and walked out, knowing his friend would follow.

Jongdae often forgot, but taking breaks here and there, was also really important, and that’s why Baekhyun was there that day, because he sensed his best friend needed a break. And what better way to relax a brain than some tasty food and silly company?

 

The End. 351 Words.