Time to Meet the Friend - July 5th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongin sighed, tapping the table with one hand while he took a sip of his drink with the other. His stomach was growling with hunger, but he had to wait, using his drink to get by for now.

“I’m sorry, he’s a bit late… But I’m sure he’ll be here soon.”

His boyfriend, Luhan, said. The two were waiting for Luhan’s friend. After so long only hearing about him, Jongin was finally going to get to meet the guy, but now that they were there, he was growing impatient really fast. And then empty stomach wasn’t helping.

They both were keeping an eye out on the door, and every person that came in, Jongin prayed that it would be Luhan’s friend. But it never was.

Jongin kept watching, and then suddenly a familiar face appeared. It was Yixing, an old dance partner of his, and also his ex-boyfriend. At that moment, he wished really hard that Yixing wouldn’t be Luhan’s so famous friend. But as always, he was out of luck.

“There he is! Yixing!”

Luhan called out, getting up so the other man could spot them. Jongin unconsciously looked down at the table, in a terrible attempt to hide his face, which would do him no good since he would have to greet Yixing in just a second.

“Hey, sorry I’m late. I got lost.”

He heard Yixing coming close, and then Luhan telling him to sit down. He slowly looked up, right at the time that Luhan was introducing them.

“Yixing, this is my boyfriend, Jongin.”

Luhan said with a smile, but the two man stared at each other, not a sight of happiness in their faces, only awkwardness.

“Ah, yeah… We’ve met…”

Yixing said hesitantly, and Jongin nodded, pressing his lips together, looking very uncomfortable.

“Oh, really? When?”

Luhan asked, weirdly not noticing the awkward atmosphere that surrounded the table.

“We were in the same dance studio for a while.”

Jongin answered, trying to brush off the awkward, and give Luhan a smile, but he was sure it wasn’t the prettiest expression.

“Oh that’s nice.”

“We also used to go out.”

Yixing complemented, and there was a huge silence.  Luhan finally caught on to the situation, and his smile slowly vanished.

“Oh…”

Luhan lowered his head, obviously not knowing what to say. Jongin could already tell that night was going to be a lot worse than what he imagined.

 

The End. 402 Words.