Maybe Next Time I Will? - October 3rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.


“Hey, you there! Wait up!”

Jongdae heard a voice calling out, and even though he was walking down a street full of people, he had the impression that was meant for him. Looking back, he saw Minseok, the cute barista from the coffee place he’s a regular at. He had just bought his usual drink – and still had it in hand even – so he found it very weird that the man was running after him.

“Yes?”

He asked. He started thinking maybe he had forgotten to pay the bill, or done some other embarrassing thing like that, so he was already feeling very tense when then man finally caught up to him.

“You forgot your wallet.”

Minseok said, holding the familiar object.

Jongdae never felt happier to see his own wallet before. He would have been in a lot of trouble if he had lost it.

“Thank you!”

He reached out to get it, and Minseok gladly passed it on.

“No problem, just be more careful. You look very distracted today.”

It wasn’t a normal thing for Minseok to talk so comfortably with a customer, but since Jongdae was at the shop daily, he had gotten to know him a bit.

“Ah, yeah. I didn’t sleep very well. I’ll be more careful, thank you so much.”

Jongdae answered, and Miseok smiled, giving him a nice smile and acknowledging nod, before starting to head back.

“Ah, hey…”

Jongdae called out, not even knowing what came over him to do so. He always had a little crush on the man, and this seemed like the most perfect opportunity to start up something.

“Yes?”

But as Minseok turned around, staring right into his eyes as he waited for something, Jongdae chickened you.

“Thank you! Really!”

He just repeated, holding his wallet out in the air, as if Minseok wouldn’t know what he was talking about.

Minseok just smiled again, and continued on his way, while Jongdae slapped him own forehead, not even caring if other people were looking at him weirdly.

He was always like that, never going through with his wishes. He had liked so many people over the years, but never had the courage to confess to any.

As he slowly turned away to go back on his path, he could only wish that next time, he had some more courage, and actually talked to Minseok properly.

 

The End. 396 Words.