Lasting - December 15th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Office AU. Sequel to chapter 346 ‘Act Normal’.

 

“He hasn’t called yet?”

Jongdae repeated what his friend had just said in the form of a question, in a way to make sure he heard it right, since he was way too busy working on his computer to pay full attention.

“Yeah… I know it’s only been a few days, but he said he’d call soon.”

Jongin pouted, resting both his arms on the partition between the cubicles, looking at his friends.

“Maybe he’s been busy. Our entire department got over loaded with work this week, we’re barely managing.”

Chanyeol tried to create a proper excuse, but it didn’t sound very convincing when he was simply standing there, slouching over to Jongdae’s cubicle, completely done with his work for the expedient. But that day he had just gotten lucky, the past ones he had felt like he had been drowning in paperwork; and a good example to his words was right in front of them, Jongdae, typing madly into his computer, trying to get things done in time.

“I don’t know… Maybe he changed his mind… Maybe he doesn’t want to go anymore.”

Jongin looked like a lost puppy. He was taking the whole situation a lot more seriously than he should, and for the few days that passed, he had even avoided going over to his two friends, since Kyungsoo worked close to them. That day he had finally gotten the courage to go, and was doing his best to act natural.

“Why don’t you just go ask him?”

Jongdae mentioned, his mind completing that with ‘and stop bothering me so I can work’ since all that talking was really affecting his focus. He terrible to think it, but he actually preferred when Jongin didn’t come over, because he could work in peace.

“No! I can’t do that, that’s embarrassing! And stupid! I’m not going over there!”

Jongin complained, almost whining.

“You might not have to go over there, because he is coming over here.”

Chanyeol said, looking over Jongin’s shoulder, and watching as Kyungsoo made his way directly to them.

“Hey.”

Kyungsoo’s voice called out, before Jongin could even process the fact that the man was coming over.

“H-hey.”

Jongin answered as he turned around. Chanyeol simply gave a weak wave and leaned down into Jongdae’s cubicle, disappearing from their sight so he could leave the two to talk comfortably. Despite the fact that he and Jongdae could still hear everything that was being said.

“I’ve been meaning to go talk to you,”

Kyungsoo started, and Jongin felt his body tensing up. The younger was completely getting ready for a rejection.

“I got mugged a couple of days ago, and they took my phone. I didn’t have your number written down anywhere else, so I couldn’t call, I’m sorry.”

Those words came as a total surprise, as that sort of scenario never even crossed Jongin’s mind; all he had thought of were various ways of rejection. The younger just froze for a second, but was able to get back to earth in the proper time to say ‘That’s okay’ and pay attention to what else Kyungsoo had to say.

“So anyway, I was thinking we could go to the Mexican place this Friday, what do you think? Are you free?”

Kyungsoo asked, and it didn’t even take a full second before Jongin answered.

“I’m free!”

Kyungsoo smiled at that, partially because he was glad that plans had been made, and partially because Jongin looked very excited, and that was cute.

“Okay, it’s a date. By then I’ll probably have a new phone, so we can exchange numbers again.”

Kyungsoo finished off, starting to back away. He was on his way to the copy room when he spotted Jongin, and he needed to get back to work.

“Deal!”

Jongin’s answer was the simple confirmation that Kyungsoo needed to properly walk away, and the younger waited until he was out of sight to start doing his little victory dance.

“You guys are going to make a great couple.”

Chanyeol teased as he reappeared over the partition, laughing at Jongin’s dance.

But even though it was said as a joke, both Chanyeol and Jongdae did think that those two were a good match, and they knew that they had just witnessed the start of a lasting relationship.

 

The End. 717 Words.


AN:

There, this is the end of it ^^

I hope you guys enjoyed all the sequels that came along recently!

(ps. I've been working on the forewords for the other stories, I'll see if I can post one tomorrow, or the day after!)