Muggle Life, Muggle Love - February 28th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Harry Potter AU.

 

Entering his apartment, Chanyeol closed the door loudly, throwing all his anger and frustration out on it.

He knew talking with his parents wasn’t going to be pleasant, but the whole afternoon was countless times worse than what he had ever imagined. They didn’t understand him, they didn’t even try. They were so focused on keeping the family blood pure, that they didn’t care what Chanyeol thought of the matter.

It wasn’t his fault he fell in love with a muggle. It’s not like he did it on purpose, like his mother accused him to. It just happened.

He always found muggles fascinating, and once his boss offered him a position to research them, to write a collection of articles about them, he accepted right away.

He was to go undercover. No tricks, no magic. Do things like the muggles did. And it was wonderful the first few weeks; everything was going well, and he was getting so much material to write about. But he started to get too involved. With his muggle job, muggle friends; suddenly he had a new life. A nice life.

It wasn’t better than being a wizard, not at all; but it was satisfying. And then she came along, and just made everything so wonderfully better. He fell in love, for the first time in his life.

He wanted to marry her. He trusted that she’d be able to handle knowing about magic. Now days there were so many mixed couples that worked out. He had confidence. The only major problem was his parents and their old fashioned ways.

But he didn’t need their approval. He was going to ask her to marry him no matter what, even if it meant not speaking to his family again. He’d do it, even if it meant he had to give up magic forever. He loved her that much.

 

The End. 311 Words.