Ace the Hamster - July 1st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Kris rang the doorbell to his boyfriend’s apartment, waiting patiently as Tao came to open it. He had been out of town for a few days, and had just come back. He was there to spend some quality time, and also to pick up his pet hamster.

Kris didn’t really trust a lot of people, and Tao was the first person ever that he actually trusted to take care of Ace, his lovely companion. He was looking forward to seeing both, so he couldn’t stop smiling.

Though as soon as Tao opened the door, with a sad look of desperation on his face, that smile faded.

“What’s wrong?”

Kris immediately asked, reaching out to the younger man, holding his shoulders very gently.

“I’m so sorry…”

Tao started, trying not to cry. They both started walk in, Tao slightly guiding Kris in.

“Ace got away. I don’t know what happened, but I can’t find him.”

Tao started, his voice shaking a little bit. He was obviously scared of his boyfriend’s reaction. He knew how important the pet was, and he was afraid that his mistake could put an end to their relationship.

“What? How…”

“I must have not closed the cage right! I fed him, and then a few hours later I checked again and he was gone, and the cage was open! I’m so sorry… You must hate me….”

Tao talked fast, barely able to look up at his boyfriend’s face, feeling shame. If only he had been more careful.

Kris paid very close attention to the scene, realizing Tao’s living room wasn’t as it always used to be. Some things had been moved aside, likely for him to search under, but the most attention grabbing thing was an incredible concoction, a perfect path, with a ramp and all, of little pieces of food, leading back into the open cage.

It was obvious that Tao had tried his best to search for Ace, and he was definitely feeling terrible about what happened.

“No, I couldn’t hate you. Yeah, I’m a bit sad, and disappointed, but I definitely don’t hate you. Look at all this. You obviously tried your best to find him, and that means a lot.”

Kris held Tao’s face, lifting it up slightly to make him look at him. Even though his words were soothing, and seemed to have calmed the younger down, he still looked terrible.

“I’m so sorry.”

Tao repeated. Kris gave him a kind smile, pulling him in for a hug. As the two held each other tightly, a weird but familiar noise rang out from the floor. The light squeaking of Ace’s hamster wheel. The two pulled apart in a flash, turning their attention to the cage, seeing the adorable pet inside, getting his exercise on.

“Ace!”

Tao screamed, falling to the ground and hugging the cage. He looked like he’d never been happier, and Kris had to admit, seeing that affection made him love Tao even more.

 

The End. 494 Words.


AN:

Hehehehehe I turned Ace into a hamster :D seemed more believeble than Tao taking care of an alpaca XD