Feline Companion - January 4th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

Cat!Chen.

 

The boy had his uniform on, finishing his breakfast alone, as he did every day. He was ready to go to school, and after putting the dishes in the sink, there was only one last thing to do.

“Chen!”

He called out, as he took a can of cat food from the cupboard, and stood in front of the cat’s bowl. A lean black cat appeared beside him, leaving his hideout with the smell of food, and sat patiently as he watched the boy prepare his breakfast.

“There, eat up.”

 Baekhyun smiled, stepping aside, allowing his cat to enjoy his meal. The boy stood there smiling, but only for a bit, as he felt a great urge to sit on the floor, and pet the animal. Chen didn’t mind him, and just kept eating. It was usual for the cat to dismiss Baekhyun, but he always loved him unconditionally.

“You’re my best friend, you know? Even if you mostly don’t pay attention to me.”

He said, still petting Chen, thinking to himself that he could spent a little bit more time there, until his pet finished eating, even if he ended up a bit late. He really would much rather stay home, because at school, he had no one that could compare to the feline companion.

 

The End. 216 Words.