Working Dad - September 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Family AU.

 

A Chanyeol parked the car, Baekhyun instructed the children not to stray away from them. And once the car had fully stopped, all four door opened, their two son’s being the first one’s out, ignoring everything they just heard and running off.

“Kids! Remember what I said!”

Baekhyun screamed as he followed them into the park.

Chanyeol walked behind slowly, and only once the kids settled at the sand pit, and Baekhyun had sat on a nearby bench, he finally caught up, and sat beside him husband.

“You should relax. We’re here to have fun.”

Chanyeol said, a nice and tranquil expression on his face.

“Did you bring the kites out?”

Baekhyun asked, completely ignoring the other’s advice. He looked pretty tense, since they hadn’t taken the whole family out in a while, and he was worried the kids would get in trouble; or worse, cause trouble to someone else.

“Ah, I forgot. They’re in the car. I’ll get it.”

Chanyeol calmly answered, getting back up.

“Aw man, go quick! They might want to play with it right away.”

Baekhyun rushed him, now getting scared the kids would throw a tantrum.

“Relax, they’re fine. They’re perfectly amuzed playing over there, it’ll be a while before they remember the kites.”

Chanyeol said as he walked off. Baekhyun looked over to the kids, and saw that they did look pretty happy as they were.

He started to calm down, but he was feeling a bit sad and confused inside. He worked full-time, as the only income of their household, while Chanyeol was a stay-at-home dad. Because of that, his husband knew their kids a lot better, and handled everything with calm, while Baekhyun stressed out on his own.

But he couldn’t just quit his job, they had to earn money to live.

What he needed was to do what he could for now, to improve on himself. He needed to pay attention and learn. On those two free weekend days he had, he should enjoy time to the max, and get closer to his kids.

Learn what they like most, what they hate most. What makes them cry, what makes them smile.

The thought of it made him smile, and as he was finally able to relax properly, he gazed adoringly at his children, observing their happiness, and feeling it spread over to him as well.

 

The End. 394 Words.