Out With a Bang - October 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to chapter 249 ‘Not Better With Time’.

 

Paranoia.

Baekhyun had studied phycology for the first year of college, before actually finding out what he had to do. He didn’t pay much attention to the classes, but he knew well enough what all the symptoms were. And he had them.

But although he was very aware of his state, he couldn’t break out of it. No matter what he tried, nothing could relax him.

Every tap of a finger.

Every click of a mouse.

Each little sound of the keyboard keys.

Everything terrified him. There were bombs everywhere. He couldn’t go to work anymore. There was so much noise, so many click, and snips, and taps. He was always sure that the last sound he had heard was just a bomb about to go off. After trying to go twice, and falling into a panic attack before he even reached his desk, he gave up going there.

His boss allowed to work from home – which for him, that was his parents’ house – and so he did. But even in his own noises, he always felt like something was rigged. As he typed on the computer, he felt like there was one extra click to the keys he pressed. Everything was like a bomb about to explode.

He didn’t leave anymore. Not even to the living room. He was always in his own room, trying to be as quiet as possible, so he could listen to anything that could damage him. Even when his mother came in with food, to try and get him to eat, he freak out, getting so scared by the loud noise of the door.

Maybe, he thought, if they had caught the culprit, it wouldn’t be like this. Maybe he’d feel better after he knew there wasn’t someone out there wanted to end his life.

But the police had no clues. They were going around in circles. After the initial list Baekhyun gave then was checked, they asked him for another one. And then another one. And one more. All with broader ranges, they asked, and soon enough, Baekhyun found himself writing all the names he knew, just to make sure no one was passed by.

But still, nothing. They wouldn’t even tell him if they had suspects or not anymore. Baekhyun felt like they had given up.

And so, without the police to protect him anymore, he felt that seclusion was the best for his mental health.

He figured, soon enough he’d start relaxing. It was just taking longer since the culprit was out there, but soon enough he would be able to convince himself that whoever it was, they had given up. He said that to himself every night, one day he ought to believe it.

But he wasn’t nearly there yet, and when he heard the familiar sounds of footsteps near his door, his heart started racing.

He knew it was probably just his mom, but he couldn’t help but start feeling sick. He had no control over him body, no matter how much he understood that there was no danger, his body had a mind of its own. He was hyperventilating, backing himself up against the farthest wall.

And he closed his eyes. He knew the door was about to be open, and he was bracing himself for it.

The loud noise made him flinch, and with his eyes still closed, he started whimpering. He waited to hear his mother’s voice, and the second loud sound that should come next – the tray of food being placed down – but nothing happened.

It took him more than a few seconds to calm down even just a little. But he was finally able to open his eyes.

“Good bye.”

A strange voice sounded as soon as he did so.

In front of his face, pointing right at his forehead, was a gun. A black and compact gun.

Baekhyun knew that was the moment, he was finally done for. But as he quickly hears the trigger being pulled, he only wished that he could have seen his attackers face, before the world went black.

 

The End. 680 Words.


AN:

And that was the last one of those bomb drabbles~. I know it wasn't probably what any of you were expecting, but I was feeling a bit dark, so it came out like that XD I hope you enjoyed it anyway!