Chicks, Man! - January 18th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Multiple chirps could be heard loudly, and Xiumin couldn’t stop staring at the countless yellow and furry balls, all safely contained in a large cardboard box.

“Why, though?”

He asked Chanyeol, who stood beside him, with a big smile on his face as he also watched the little chicks chirp about in their environment.

“They’re little baby chicks!”

Chanyeol answered, turning his smile to the other, who was still serious.

“I know what they are. I asked why.”

Xiumin said, while curiously bringing his hand forward and poking one of the baby animals, making it chirp louder. He picked it up, and started to take a good look at it.

“I’m just helping an old friend out. He’s going to be out of town, and there was no one to take care of these little angels. I’ll only be for a couple days, I promise.”

The taller boy answered, unable to stop smiling due to the excessive cuteness right in front of him. Xiumin nodded understandingly, and he also found the chicks cute, depite them being rather loud, so maybe it would hurt to take care of them for a bit. He then felt something warm running through his fingers, and immediately put the chick back down in the box, to check what it was.

“Oh, you are going to own me so much after this…”

He said, leaving his hands still, as the baby chick’s poop ran down his fingers, and Chanyeol rushed for some paper to clean it up for him.

 

The End. 253 Words.