A Key - October 20th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

College AU.

 

Kyungsoo walks in quiet, always with a firm and stern look in his face, showing he’s not in the mood to talk to anybody, and that his presence alone should cause everyone to talk quietly.

He’d always sit on the first seat by the door, and heaven forgive anyone who mistakenly sits there before him, for they will be cursed for all eternity.

The man deals in witchcraft, and had a deep hatred for anything alive, and if he stares at you for more than 5 seconds, he’s probably putting a spell on you.

But no, not really. Despite all the rumors that his classmates had created over the years, Kyungsoo was just a plain antisocial guy, who was often thankful to his hard exterior since it managed to keep people away.

He did not have all living things, as he had a great love for animals, and owned two lovely dogs. Humans, he did dislike though. They were often nasty and troublesome, especially the ones Kyungsoo had to deal with so far all the way through high school, and he truly hoped college would be different, and people would be more focused and more matured, but it turned out to be just the same, so he decided to exile himself.

It was easier that way. He could focus on his studies, without having no one bother him. He didn’t need other people anyway, he only needed himself – and his two dogs, obviously – to be happy.

His mother – who was a brilliant therapist – did not agree with that philosophy of his, often reminding him how having some close-age friends was important, and socializing was a good thing, but he always closed his ears to that.

He was fine where he was. The only people he had to talk to were his teacher – and the lovely middle aged lady at the library counter – and that already filled his socialization quota of a day.

He didn’t need to change, while he still felt healthy and at peace with himself. If at any day he ever felt wrong, twisted, or in need, he’d consider putting to work his mother’s various advices; but for now, he stored them in a beautiful mind box, to which the key he had tied a little string to it, and thrown it away to the deepest part of his mind a while ago.

 

The End. 380 Words.