In a Matter of Seconds - September 4th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan and Baekhyun entered the latter man’s apartment, a quick pit-stop before they went out to meet their friends.

The two had just came back from work, and since Chanyeol had promised he’d introduce them to some nice ladies afterwards, they had arranged for a change of clothes, so they could look their best.

“Feel free to take anything from my closet, I’m sure most things will fit you. Just don’t grab the navy blazer on the bed, that’s what I’m gonna wear.”

Baekhyun said, dropping his keys on a table by the door, and walking over to his phone.

“You go ahead, I’m just gonna check my messages.”

He completed, pressing a couple of buttons and making his answering machine beep.

“Okay.”

Luhan simply said, talking over as Baekhyun’s phone told him he had two messages.

Baekhyun watched Luhan as the man went to the hallway, disappearing through the threshold of his bedroom’s door.

His first message started playing, his mother calling about something he had forgotten to do, but he couldn’t hear all of it.

He heard something strangely click, a rather loud sound coming from his bedroom, and with a loud bang, the place exploded.

Everything happened in a matter of seconds, and the confusion after the fact was too huge for Baekhyun to handle.

His ears were ringing, that was all he could hear, a straight high pitch sound, and nothing else. There was so much smoke, and debris everywhere. His eyes were stinging, and his flesh felt hot, like he was burning.

Everything was a mess, and he could barely breath, but he still made the effort, confusedly walking through the destruction, reaching the hallway to very well affirm that his room had been blown to bits. The walls had fallen off, and everything was on fire.

And then he realized why he was hot. Fire.

Suddenly coming to his senses, he felt pain, he was hurt. He had gotten hit by broken pieces of the wall in several places, and the fire had started spreading out, passing very close by to him.

He had to get out of there. If he didn’t he would die. He ran out, rushing to the fire escape. Another ringing appeared in his ears.

The fire alarm, or maybe 911 sirens.

It was actually both.

He bursts out through to the lobby, joining a mass of people – his neighbors – as they rushed out. On the street, he could see cars rushing by, with bright lights flashing, hurting his eyes.

All his senses were damaged, and all the commotion had taken a toll on his injured body. He was able to conjure strength for a few more steps, trying to get himself as far from the building as he could, before collapsing to the floor.

 

The End. 465 Words.