I Talked to Someone Today - October 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongin went into his house, without making much fuss or noise, trying to be discreet. The house was completely silent, but a few lights here and there were on. That wasn’t something Jongin found weird, as it was like that every day.

He walked into the living room, and there Kyungsoo was, sitting on the couch, reading a book. The man didn’t even acknowledge Jongin’s presence, even though the latter knew he was aware of it.

But that was just Kyungsoo. If you didn’t start the conversation first, he was perfectly fine with just being quiet, and ignoring your existence. From time to time, that’d make Jongin sad, or pissed off, or relieved. Depending on the day, and how he was feeling, Kyungsoo’s lack of reaction always affected him in some way.

“I’m back.”

He quietly said, walking past the man and going to the bookcase, opening his backpack and returning the book he had taken out.

“Welcome back.”

Simple and short, Kyungsoo’s eyes were still on the words he was reading. But at least he answered this time.

“How was your day?”

Sometimes Jongin would just leave it at that, and go do his own things, but he was feeling a little needier that day. He wanted to have a conversation, get some human contact, after working at his desk the entire day once again.

Unlike Kyungsoo, he did need to be social once in a while.

“I talked to someone today.”

The other man said, slowly placing his bookmark in place as he finished reading the phrase, and the closed the book, looking up to Jongin with ans expressionless face – which was his normal face for most of the day.

“Really? How?”

Jongin asked, truly intrigued. He knew Kyungsoo never left the house, so that statement seemed interesting. He sat next to the man and looked over, waiting for the answer.

“The mail man came over today. He had a large package for you, and needed me to sign for it.”

Kyungsoo started, calmly looking at him. Sometimes, Jongin felt like the man was a robot, but he forced himself to throw those thoughts away.

“As I did, he mentioned that the weather was good, and I agreed. Then when I was done he thanked me and told me to have a good day.”

Kyungsoo finished.

If it were anyone else telling him that story, Jongin would it was silly, and a bit stupid, but for Kyungsoo, that was an amazing tale, considering he had a hard time communicating with other people.

“Wow, that’s great babe. You did really well. Did you tell him to have a good day too?”

Jongin responded, sounding excited. He could sense a slight change in Kyungsoo’s face – one no one else would notice – like the man was feeling slightly proud of himself after getting a compliment.

“No, should I have?”

He then asked, and Jongin nodded right away.

“Yes, it’s the polite thing to do.”

Kyungsoo nodded slowly, looking away like he was absorbing what he just heard and making a memo in his brain about it.

“Okay. Next time I will.”

He then said, making Jongin smile.

“Good.”

Jongin said, and scooched over, putting one arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder and pulling him close a bit, getting comfortable in an embrace.

Even with all of Kyungsoo’s weirdness, and even if the man made him frustrated sometimes, Jongin still loved him. He loved him so much that it was worth going through anything just to be able to be near him like that at the end of the day.

 

The End. 596 Words.