On-Screen Romantic Counterpart - October 5th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

“Heeey~!”

Joonmyun called out in a happy tone as entered the dorm. He was pleased to find that s were already in the living room, so he could go straight to what he wanted to talk about.

“Guess what?”

He giddily said, and before anyone had a chance of giving him some bratty comeback – as he knew they would – he answered his own question.

“I got cast at another drama!”

His smile was huge, and he only felt better when hearing the boys congratulate him. He sat down on the closest available seat, and started talking right away, not even afraid to show how excited he was.

“And I’m not just doing small part this time, they said I’d be a solid second character! Which means more screen time for me!”

He voice was getting high pitched, so he tried to control himself. It was unsuccessful though, as  he was so excited to say the next phrase that it also came out high.

“And they said I’d have a romantic part too!!”

And with that, just as he expected, there was havoc in the room. People cheering, some cooing coyly at him, a few making disgusted noises, other making kissing noises.

“Man! Who’s your co-star going to be?”

Chanyeol asked, also seeming to share Joonmyun’s expectations.

“Waa, what if it is an idol?! Like Kim Seolhyun?”

Baekhyun said, enticing more cheers.

“Or Suzy~?”

Chanyeol chanted, and another wave of ‘ah!’s and ‘Oh’s came about.

“Or Eunji~!”

Joonmyun himself said, enjoying the excitement of the room, and feeling hopeful at the same time. Maybe he really would be paired up with a beautiful actress. That was all he could hope for.

“Then again,”

Sehun started, and seeing the smartass smile on the boy’s face, Joonmyun knew nothing good would come out of his mouth.

“It could also be a guy.”

The boy finished, and the entire room started laughing, except Joonmyun, who frowned.

“Yeah! Woow, imagine if your first on screen kiss turn out to be with a guy!”

Baekhyun teased, and the more unpleased Joonmyun looked, the more they wanted to pick at him.

“Come on, that’s not gonna happen.”

He said, trying to turn things back around, but he knew once the mockery started, there was no stopping.

“It could! That happened with Ken-hyung right? It could happen with you too, hyung!”

Sehun mentioned, and more laughter invaded the room.

Joonmyun wasn’t feeling as excited for him part in the drama anymore. He knew most of the things the boys were saying probably wouldn’t be true, but all the mocking was tiring, and he suddenly didn’t feel like talking about it anymore.

But of course, the boys wouldn’t stop. And most certainly, Joonmyun would be hearing the same jokes over and over for at least a week, or maybe even more…

 

The End. 473 Words.