Reforming - July 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan lived in a very nice building, and never had any trouble around there, but something had been bothering him. The apartment right next to his was being reformed, and all day long, there was noise. So much noise that he could barely focus.

As an already stressed out enough college student, the last thing he needed was people disturbing his studies.

Just leaving the elevator, he could already hear it. The clings and clacks of tool, and the eventual overloading sound of a saw. It made him not want to go home. But he had to study, and the library was too far away, and he was in no mood to take a long bus ride at the moment. He’d just have to deal with it.

Of course, the noise wasn’t the only annoyance that construction was causing him. Every day, his hallway was filled with crap. Tools, wood pieces, stinky glues, everything. He felt like he was walking through a mine camp to get to his own door.

There were days he wished he wasn’t as socially awkward and shy as he was, because then he could just walk up to one of those construction guys and complain, tell them to clear the hall. But he didn’t have the guts. No wonder all his friends called him a sissy. He was one.

And since he didn’t have the personality to complain, he’d was only left with the ‘deal with it’ option.

He sighed loudly as he stepped over wood pieces, taking a peek into the open door of the apartment, seeing a lot of busy people in there.  He had seen those guys a lot the past days, but this time there was someone different, and that caught his attention. A younger guy, probably not even older than him, talking to what seemed to be a supervisor. Luhan’s attention was drawn because the guy was incredibly handsome. Usually only old sweaty man were working around there, so that fresh face definitely stood out.

“Ok kid, now go get the tools.”

Luhan overheard the supervisor saying, and the young guy turned towards the door, making Luhan turn away and moved quickly to his door. He started unlocking so he could get in, when he heard someone stepping out the open door he had been peeking at.

He unconsciously turned, his eyes meeting directly with the guy’s. There was a quiet moment, where the two just stared, none being able to take their eyes away from the other.

“Jongin, get your back in here.”

Luhan heard a voice calling, and the guy looked back. He then leaned down to get a tools back that was close to the door, and started to walk back in, but right before he was out of sight, he looked at the college student one more time, a charming and playful smile plastered on his face.

Suddenly, Luhan didn’t feel so annoyed at the construction.

 

The End. 491 Words.