An Extra Screw? - December 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Kyungsoo placed a bookmark between the pages, closing the book and placing it on his bedside table. He then started stretching, moving his entire body, as he was feeling stiff after being in the same position for so long. But it was worth it, because that was an amazing story.

But now he had to go check on his roommates, who had called him a couple of times already. They had spent the entire afternoon assembling a desk they had bought, and now that it was ready, they wanted Kyungsoo to see.

When the man walked out to the living room – though he would never admit it – it looked quite impressive. The desk looked just like what it did in the picture. It seemed that for once they did something right.

“Ah, Kyungsoo, you’re here! What do you think? Isn’t it spectacular?”

Kris asked, getting up from the ground and walking over to the other man, to be able to see it from his perspective.

“Yeah, looks pretty good. Not bad, you two.”

Kyungsoo said, without much emotion.

“And that dude at the store wanted us to pay extra for someone to come and assemble it for us! We showed him, didn’t we?”

Jongin enthusiastically said, getting up from his own spot on the ground and walking over to Kris, so the two could high-five.

“Hey…”

Kyungsoo started, seeing something that called his attention.

“Why is that screw not in the desk?”

He pointed out, seeing the single screw in the plastic bag where the small materials came.

There was a long pause as the two man started at it, and occasional ‘errr’ coming out here and there, until one spoke up.

“It’s an extra one. In case it broke, or we need it later, you know?”

Kris said, nodding, but his expression showed that he wasn’t 100% sure of what he was saying.

“If it’s an extra one, then why is there only him? Shouldn’t there be one of each kind then?”

Kyungsoo responded, and that led to another long pause.

“Dude, we screwed up.”

Jongin finally said, able to admit the defeat. Kris immediately started screaming, pulling on his own hair like he wished to pull it all out. Truth be told, the two suffered a lot while putting that desk together, and now that there was the possibility that it was wrong, he couldn’t even think about having to take it down to start again.

“I can’t believe this!”

Kris was wriggling from place to place, feeling so angry and annoyed that his body was twitching on his own. Thankfully, he didn’t see the smile that appeared on Kyungsoo’s face, or he would be even worse.

Kyungsoo, who took no part in the frustrating assembly period, found that situation to be incredibly funny. He would definitely make fun of the two for some days to come, but for now, they were devastated enough, so he’d leave them be.

“If I were you, I’d re-read those instructions.”

He simply said as he walked out, just hearing the frustrated screams of the two men he left behind.

 

The End. 518 Words.