Post-Interview Talk - August 12th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Kris tapped his fingers on the table, getting a bit impatient. He had been waiting for a while, Luhan was late. They occasionally met at that coffee shop, in the back, away from the media’s eyes. Luhan was the one who had asked them to meet this time, and he was not there yet.

After a couple more cups of latte, bringing his count to 4 of those tiny measly cups – which never satisfied him – he saw a familiar figure coming towards him. It was Luhan. The only surprise was that he wasn’t alone.

Behind him walked a taller man, with a very familiar face. A face Kris hadn’t seen for over a year already.

“Tao…”

He muttered. He didn’t expect that, and he didn’t really know how he felt seeing the younger man again.

“Hey, sorry we’re late.”

Luhan started as he reached the table, not sitting down. It was obvious he didn’t intent to stay.

“I just thought you two should talk. It would be good.”

He continued, and stepped back, turning to Tao.

“Sit.”

He commanded, and sort of pushed Tao down onto the chair.

There was an awkward pause of silence, and Luhan decided to take his leave, walking away in a fast pace, not daring to look behind. He was curious about what would happen, but he knew his presence there would make thing more difficult.

“Hi…”

Tao started, shyly looking up to Kris, who was expressionless just staring at him. The older didn’t seem like he would talk, but he looked opened to listen. So Tao Talked.

“Did you see my interview?”

With no answer to that question, Tao took it as a confirmation, and carried on.

“I… I’m really sorry. I meant it all, you know. I was wrong back then, I didn’t understand things.”

On the way there, Tao had repeatedly told himself not to cry, because if he cried it would be hard to say the things he wanted. But all that conviction went out the window at that moment. With Kris staring at him with a harsh expression, and all the words and feelings he wanted to convey boiling inside him, he couldn’t help but burst into tears.

It took him a while to get back in control, just sobbing, his head down letting his tears fall to his lap. He took long sharp breaths, calming himself down, and looking straight up to continue.

“I wanted to ask you to forgive me. But I don’t even know if I should, because if it was the other way round, I don’t think I would forgive. All I can do is wish that you’re a better person than me. I’m just so sorry… I’ve learned so much these past months, heck, in a matter of days, I’ve changed so much, understood so many things. And now I see, all those rash things I did, how I wish I could fix everything…”

Tao was able to hold long enough to say those things, but as soon as he paused, he started crying again, this time harder. He continuously tried to stop, but it wasn’t so easy. Once it started coming out, it was like it wouldn’t ever stop, like he couldn’t stop.

But one this, one simple act, made him be quiet, and stop sobbing. Kris had reached out, and touched his shoulder. He looked up to the older, whose expression was looking softer. Still stern, but softer.

“It’s okay. It’ll all be okay.”

 

The End. 581 Words.


AN:

A drabble per request of BlueeWings, about the interview Tao gave ^^ I hope you liked it!