Single Parent - July 9th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AN:

Guys!!! ;A; My internet is fixed!! I feel so happy!!! Today was the tech's day off, but he came anyway (probably because I sounded desperate XD), and he fixed it!!! it's working better than before now, bless his soul!!

Now I'll post the drabbles I missed these past days, and then I'll be back to a regular posting schedule <3 FINALLY!!!

Thank you for your patience during this week <3 you guys are the best!


(LATE)

AU. Single-Dad!Chanyeol.

 

Jongdae approached his best friend’s front yard, the bright lights and loud sounds of the sirens alerting him that something was wrong. But he already knew that.

He weaved his way through the police cars, and the officers, going into the house. He searched the rooms, first downstairs, then upstairs, and once he didn’t find what he was looking for, he knew exactly where to go. There was only one place left anyway.

He left the house, going around to the back, and taking a smartly hidden route up to the roof, where he immediately saw his poor friend sitting alone, a cup of warm coffee in his hand, looking over to nowhere, tears lining his sad and tired looking eyes.

“Hey.”

Jongdae announced himself, moving closer and sitting beside him.

“How are you doing?”

He tapped Chanyeol’s back, in an attempt to comfort him, but both knew he’d need a lot more than that to feel better.

“I’m a failure.”

Chanyeol answered. He hadn’t looked up to Jongdae once, his eyes gazing aimlessly to the roof tiles, a thousand things going through his head, bad things.

“They’re going to find him. He always comes back.”

Jongdae tried to sooth his friends mind, even though he knew it would be difficult. But those encouraging words didn’t seem to be what Chanyeol needed at the moment.

“It’s my fault. I smothered him. I held on too tightly, and that’s why his doing this.”

Chanyeol’s words were bringing him to a breaking point, and now the tears that once were only b his deep eyes, now rolled down his cheeks, more and more forming as the previous one rolled away.

“No, come on. It’s not your fault Chanyeol, he’s a teenager. They’re all against everything, it’s normal for him to run away from home a few times. But he always comes back, you always find him.”

Jongdae cooed, now with a tight grip to Chanyeol’s shoulder, shaking him ever so slightly, like he was trying to shake the sadness out of him piece by piece.

“If his mother was still here, none of this would have happened.”

Chanyeol said, his voice muffled behind his tears and the hand he felt the need to put to him face.

“You don’t know that.”

Jongdae retorted, but Chanyeol’s mind was set. He knew the truth, there was no arguing.

“Yes I know. She was wonderful with him; it was like she was born to be a mother. Ever since she died, everything just keeps getting worse. That’s because I at this parenting thing. I can’t do it.”

Chanyeol had more words his wished to say, but he had to stop. He was crying too much now, and he knew that every next sentence that came out of his mouth then would not be understandable.

“Yes you can. It’s hard, but you can do it. Your kid needs you, Chanyeol. You can’t give up on him just because things get hard. Besides, I told you already, I’m here for whatever you need, I will help.”

Jongdae held tighter, him hand causing a bit of pain on Chanyeol’s shoulder; but the man didn’t complain. He didn’t quite believe his friend’s words, he felt completely incapable. But he also felt too tired to argue back.

For now, the only thing left to do was wait. Let the police do their job, and eventually have his boy back home, where he was safe.

 

The End. 575 Words.