Attention - February 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

The night was very cold, and Kyungsoo could see the steam coming off his boyfriend’s hot body. Sehun was training, the sound of the baseballs hitting his bat repeatedly being the only thing heard. He was going non-stop, only focused on hitting, not paying attention to anything else. He didn’t feel the cold, his body managing to keep warm with the exercise.

Kyungsoo sat by the side, quiet, like always. He was used to his boyfriend prioritizing his practice over spending time with him. He often found himself going to watch him because sometimes, that was the only way he could even see Sehun’s face for the entire week. He loved how dedicated Sehun was to the game, and to his dreams, but he was tired. Tired of having these pretend dates where he just sits around while Sehun exercises, and tired of not getting any attention, even when he tried to speak. Sehun didn’t hear him; it was like he didn’t exist when the other was holding his bat. Kyungsoo felt that if he spent any more time like that, he’d explode.

So that night, that cold night, he made a strong decision. Without a word, he got up, and walked away. He didn’t look back, but couldn’t help but wonder if Sehun had noticed him leaving, or if the boy would even question why. For a moment, he wanted to turn around and check.

But he knew, deep inside, that Sehun didn’t pay attention to him, that he wouldn’t notice he was gone. So he just took a deep breath, and kept walking, until he could no longer hear anything.

 

The End. 272 Words.