Problem Solved - November 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Sequel to chapter 301 ‘Research’.

 

“Abuse and neglect?”

Jongdae repeated Jongin’s words, almost in a way to acknowledge what was said.

“Yes. I can report them. That way you can get help, and so can they. There would be an investigation, and after that they’ll evaluate what would be best to do. If possible, they try to keep the family together, encouraging the parents to get treatment and such.”

Jongin explained.

He had pulled Jongdae aside after class to discuss his possibilities. He had been very calm and collected, explaining everything Jongdae wished to know.

“Reporting them for abuse and neglect will bring your case to attention, and your life will be better.”

At least he hoped so. As every teacher who is about to go against a set of parents, Jongin was afraid. He was scared of there being a backlash against him and the school because of his actions. But he would do it, if it increased Jongdae’s chances in life. That’s what true teacher want.

The boy seemed hesitant, and he was quiet for a while. That was a difficult decision to some degree, Jongin knew that, so he gave him the space and silence needed while he pondered.

“Like… Do you have to?”

Jongdae asked. His expression was soft and worried, with slightly sad and tired eyes.

“It’s my duty as your teacher; my duty as a human being actually.”

Jongin answered strongly, trying to show that he wasn’t hesitant to go forward.

“Can’t I just… Can’t I just go back to sleeping in the school? I promise I won’t tell anyone teacher, I won’t get you in trouble.”

The boy talked softly, in a pleading manner. He didn’t want all the mess that that could bring, it was too overwhelming just to think about the conflict that would ensue.

“That’s still not okay Jongdae. Not only because of the school rules but because it’s not a proper place to live in. I can’t allow that.”

Jongin firmly responded, but he already started to understand the boy better.

“But… I’ll be an adult soon, and I’ll be able to live alone without their permission. I just need somewhere to stay until then. I don’t want to cause any trouble, I don’t want people to try to fix them when those two were never meant to be parents. It’s useless. I just need to wait a little more, and all of us can go on freely, with no complications.”

The boy explained, his soft voice gaining some strength as he spoke, starting to look very sure of his argument.

Now it was the teacher’s turn to hesitate. He was hearing everything carefully, and he understood. But while thinking of not taking action against the parents, he couldn’t find many solutions for Jongdae. He couldn’t just make the boy just continue to live with those people, but he couldn’t allow Jongdae to sleep on the school, that was not a proper way to live, and would probably give Jongdae a lot of trouble health wise.

Funnily, the only option he found to be good, was one he never thought he’d do. But something came over him, and leaving his common sense out of his brain, he decided to go for it. He had a lot of respect and future expectations for Jongdae, and he wished the boy would be in the best ambient possible for him to succeed in life.

“You can’t go back to sleep on the school.”

He repeated himself, and it was visible as the depression fell onto Jongdae’s face. But Jongin wasn’t done speaking yet, and the boy’s expression would change once more.

“But I can’t make you go back to a place where you’re not happy either. Come live with me.”

Jongin boldly said, and surprise filled the student’s face. It was almost like the boy couldn’t believe what he was hearing, and he really couldn’t.

“But…”

“I have a spare room, and the building is close to the school, it’s a very idea place. You said you needed somewhere to stay until you could live on your own right? I’m giving you that somewhere.”

Jongdae could see the honesty in his teacher’s eyes, but he felt hesitant. He hated to bother others, and especially hated to be a burden to such a loved teacher of his.

“Is… Is it really okay?”

The boy asked, a twinkle of hope being visible in his eyes. Was he finally being given a fresh start?

“Yes, it is. I’d love to take you in, I know you’re a good kid, you won’t give me much trouble will you?”

Jongin answered with a smile, already joking with the boy.

“No, no trouble at all, I promise!”

Jongdae vigorously answered, showing in that phrase that he was ready to take the offer.

“Let’s just agree on something; if anyone asks, your parents are allowing you to live with me, ok?”

Jongin laughed, and Jongdae joined him.

“Ok, deal.”

The boy finally said, and for the first time in a long time, Jongin could see a sparkle of happiness in Jongdae, and it felt like the entire room was 2 shades lighter, as the problem had been solved.

 

The End. 864 Words.


AN:

There, this one was the last one of those 'Jongdae sleeping in the school' drabbles! I hope it was nice, but just remember that this is fiction ok? This is not something that would usually happen in the real world, but I wanted to go for a happy ending, so I bended the story that way.

 

Now for another business!! YOU GUYS!! I WON A COMPETITION!! it's the Last Drabble Writer Standing competition XD I can hardly believe that I won, there were so many talented writers there <3 (but honestly, if I hadn't been at least at the top 3, I would have been embarrassed, since all I've been doing this year is write drabbles XD)
During the competition all the writers were hidden, to make voting fair (that's why I didn't say anything about it here), but now I'm allowed to post all the drabbles I wrote, so I'll put them here! I have to change them a bit first (because not all were with EXO), but I'll get to it, and start posting them every other day!