A Game Lost, But a Winning Day - August 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High school AU. Sequel to chapter 216 ‘Slam Dunk’

 

“Ah… How humiliating….”

Jongin said, looking at the ground. Baekhyun, who was walking directly beside him, smiled. He looked at the boy with pity.

“It wasn’t that bad, you guys tried hard.”

He said, but Jongin continued to pout. He was obviously disappointed in himself.

“Yeah, but we lost…”

The two were alone, just walking through the park, the golden light of the sunset shining on them. Only a few minutes after the match was done, Jongdae made himself scarce, probably planning for the two to spend some time together, and that was exactly what happened.

“And you didn’t even dunk. That was a pity.”

Baekhyun said, purposely mentioning the slam dunk because after having lost the game, Jongin seemed to have forgotten all about their bet.

“Yeah… Man, I dunked 3 times during practice, I really thought I would do it again in the game.”

Jongin looked disappointed, but Baekhyun couldn’t really tell the reason why. Was he just disappointed because they didn’t win the game, or was it because he didn’t win the bet? Could it be because he wouldn’t get a kiss from Baekhyun? The boy surely hoped so.

“And you lost the bet.”

Baekhyun mentioned, and Jongin nodded, not looking very happy about that.

“I’ve been giving you a break because you just lost, but a bet is a bet. You’re supposed to do what I say for the rest of the day.”

Baekhyun said with a smile, and Jongin laughed. He didn’t seem at all nervous about what Baekhyun would make him do.

“Right, right. What is your first command master?”

Jongin played around, stopping and doing a ridiculous deep bow. Baekhyun also stopped walking, laughing at how silly being called ‘master’ felt.

“Well, actually… I do have something in mind.”

Baekhyun said, blushing a bit, but it was barely visible since he had stopped with the sunset behind him, making a shadow fall on his face.

“Oh, really? And what is it?”

Jongin asked with a smile, looking forward to it. It was like he really knew what Baekhyun was about to say.

It took him a while to actually get the courage to say it, but once he felt it was ready, Baekhyun spoke confidently.

“My first command is for you to kiss me.”

Hearing those words made Jongin give out a nervous laugh, and Baekhyun could clearly see he was pleased with that order.

“Ok.”

Jongin simply answered, moving closer. He tried to be serious, but it was hard to get the nervous smile off of his face. And Baekhyun was the same. But once they were really close, their faces inching closer, all those silly and nervous feelings went away. They were about to kiss.

Each felt their own heart pounding. The moment was finally here. That was something both had wanted for quite a while, and it was happening. When their lips touched, it was like magic, like it was meant to be.

Even though their school team lost the game, they were happy. They would probably remember that day with good feelings only.

 

The End. 514 Words.