Saving for the Dream - August 26th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

For almost 4 and a half years, the entire duration of their marriage, Jongin and Kyungsoo had been saving up money. Every little cent that did not go for paying bills, or buying food or necessary appliances, would go to their bank account.

They had agreed that once they had enough money saved up, they’d travel the world, hitting 10 most wanted destinations, 5 from each. And they’d do it comfortably, so they knew well that it would take a long time. But they started anyways. Because it was good to dream like that. As  they went by with their everyday lives, and jobs, whenever things got hard, they could think of that dream. Someday, they would take a huge vacation, and do and see all the things they wanted.

At the first couple of years, Kyungsoo had taken a habit of looking at plane tickets prices, and hotel listings, once every couple of months he liked looking at those travel things. He kept checking it, roughly calculating how much they needed to make it all come true. And like that, he’d keep track of the money in their savings, always checking how far they were from the goal.

But as months passed, and even years, that habit died down. Soon he had forgotten about it, just continuing his life.

But they didn’t forget the dream. It was always in the back of their minds, and even though they didn’t talk, nor think, about it much, it was always there.

And that day, Kyungsoo had realized it had been over 8 months since he last checked anything travel related.

And he sat in from of his computer, with his savings book beside him, going through all of it over again. And he went by, calculating everything, down to rough price for taxi rides, and entrance fees for attractions. He was being meticulous with his research, because for the first time ever, he felt it was actually going to be possible. They had a lot of money now.

And after an hour of so or checking, he was done. And the number he had just added up, was slightly smaller than the number of his savings. It was time, they had what they needed.

He smiled, probably as brightly as he had in the last year. He couldn’t wait to tell Jongin, he could barely think of waiting for the younger to return from work.

And he decided he wouldn’t. Their dream was coming true, and Jongin deserved to know as soon as possible, so he picked up the phone and dialed.

 

The End. 431 Words.