Fated Encounter - November 29th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

The woman was walking home, the darkness of the night around her. It wasn’t silent though, as no matter what hour it was in Seoul, there was always someone going somewhere, or coming from somewhere, like her.

She didn’t like going home so late like that, she usually went straight after she was done with work, but that day there was a company dinner, and she had to go if she valued her job, which she did.

But she didn’t like those gatherings. They all went way too late into the night, and everyone was drinking, and forcing her to drink too. She couldn’t be herself much, since she was dining with her boss, and her boss’ boss, and so on. So many high rank people around, that her and her co-workers never had a good time.

And now, as she walked to the bus stop, she felt like whining like a kid –falling to the ground and shaking her legs, the full ordeal. It was probably a little bit of the alcohol speaking, but it was only magnifying her annoyance.

Because of the dinner, she’d now have to wait at the bus stop for a long time – since the busses didn’t go by that often after midnight – and get home extremely tired, just to have to wake up early to go work again.

She was complaining to herself so much she almost didn’t notice the fancy sports car stopping on the curb right next to her. But a car like that was hard to not see, so it didn’t take long for her to turn to it. It was weird to see a car like that stopped next to a bus stop.

Out of it came Sehun, much to her surprise.

“Ah, I thought it was you. Long time no see.”

He greeted her, with a charming smile.

She couldn’t say anything back. Sehun was someone she had went to high school, but despise them hitting it off well while studying together, they never actually dated, and lost contact after graduation. She couldn’t even believe he recognized her, much more stopped to talk to her.

“It’s me, Oh Sehun! We went to school together.”

He talked again, since her silence and stiff expression made him think she wasn’t remembering him. That made her wake up though, and she quickly answered, shaking her hands and head.

“No no no, I remember you! I was just shocked to see you, that’s all!”

She said, almost entering a bit of a panic state. His car clearly stated that he was doing really well in life, and she was feeling a little embarrassed to still be in a low rank job after so many years.

“Ah, that’s good. I was happy when I saw it was you, it would be a bummer if you didn’t remember me.”

He said smiling, moving around the car so he could stand closer to her. He simply left his car there, possibly stopping the traffic, but to his luck, the flow was light, so everyone could go around him easily.

She could only smile to his words, feeling the blush hit her cheeks just like it did back when they were 17. That obviously made her feel even more embarrassed. She not only didn’t get high up financially, but just seeing him already made her act like a teenager again.

“So, why are you here so late?”

He casually asked, before those usual ‘How have you been?’ and ‘What have you been doing?’ sort of questions, which she was quite thankful for.

“Ah, I’m coming back from a company dinner. It went pretty late, so now I have to wait for a random bus to get home.”

She answered honestly, trying not to giggle or twirl her hair like she used to do in her teen years. She used to do that a lot back then, but she grew out of it; but now seeing him, her body wanted to go back to those ways.

“Ah… Can I give you a ride? I’ve just been driving around to test the new car, so it would be a problem.”

He offered, and she was almost about to refuse, and he saw that so he cut her off.

“And we can talk a bit on the way. It would be nice to reconnect with you, I remember we had a lot of fun back then.”

He smiled, and she noticed his charming character hadn’t changed at all. And she still wanted to refuse, out of politeness, but her teenager-self took over.

“Cool!”

She said, and his smile got brighter. As he turned to the car and opened the door to her, she silently frowned and hit herself in the head, punishing herself for saying ‘cool!’ when she was so much more sophisticated now. But as soon as he turned back, she was normal again, and with a smile, she went in.

The car was just as amazing on the inside as it was on the outside. Something in her little weak heart was starting to sparkle again, and with the sight of that vehicle, reconnecting with Sehun didn’t seem bad at all. She almost felt like it was fate that the two met, and even started to be thankful for the horrible dinner, otherwise she wouldn’t be there at that time.

 

The End. 892 Words.