Say Something… - February 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

“Joonmyun please, talk to me.”

Kris pleaded with a sigh, almost no hope of hearing the other’s voice left inside him. Ever since he had officially left SM entertainment, Kris had been calling Joonmyun, trying to speak with him, trying to make things right. At first there was no response, but after a month or so, the younger started to answer the calls. Just answer though. He wouldn’t say anything, and just listen to Kris for a few minutes, before hanging up. Still, it was progress, and Kris didn’t want to give up.

“Please say something…”

Joonmyun sighed, tired of hearing the other plead that same thing day after day. He had just had a very stressful afternoon, and that call was just making his mood worse. He was just going to hang up, like he always did, but something clicked wrong inside him, and the built up hurt and anger burst out through his lips as he finally spoke.

“How could you just leave us like that?”

Joonmyun wanted to throw his phone at the wall, smash it up, but he knew that wouldn’t inflict any actual pain on Kris, so it was useless.

“W-what?”

Kris stuttered, his voice shaking with surprise. Joonmyun didn’t hesitate to speak again, the same strength as before filling his words.

“How could you? Just leave like that, without talking to anyone. I thought you said we were a family?”

Joonmyun wouldn’t back down. He had been angry at Kris for a long time, and now it was the moment to put it all out.

“Most of us didn’t even know there was something wrong. Why didn’t you talk to us? You just left without a word, don’t you thing we at least deserved an explanation? Don’t you think I deserved one?”

This time, Kris was the one silent, left speechless by Joonmyun’s strong argument. He wanted to make things right, he wanted to heal the friendship he had with those boys. But his mind went blank, he didn’t know how to defend himself, and so he did something he’d regret for years to come. He hung up the phone.

 

The End. 356 Words.