Animals - April 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

School AU.

 

The McDonalds restaurant was packed, but the group of high school students didn’t seem to care about that, as they brought two tables together and placed their trays on top.

“If you had to be an animal, any animal, what would you be?”

Baekhyun asked, and Kyungsoo immediately rolled his eyes.

“Why do I hang out with you people…?”

The shorter boy asked, obviously not expecting an answer, and stuffing his mouth with fries. There was a quiet moment, where the other boys at the table mostly hummed, looking focused, as if they were taking Baekhyun’s question very seriously, which only made Kyungsoo roll his eyes again, and mutter some insults as he got up to go fetch ketchup.

“I think I’d be a monkey. Because they’re like, closer to what human are like, you know?”

Chanyeol said, feeling very smart about his answer.

“A monkey? That’s stupid.”

Jongdae started, getting Chanyeol to glare at him. A fight was obviously about to start, but Baekhyun interrupted right before it did.

“What would you be, Jongdae?”

“A puppy.”

Jongdae confidently answered, and Chanyeol scoffed.

“A puppy? How is that better than a monkey?”

The tall boy complained, but Jongdae kept a smirk on his face, quickly going to his explanation.

“Puppies are chick magnets dude. And have you seen how they always want to hug them and pet them? I’d be in girl heaven. Not many girls like monkeys, and they definitely don’t find them cute.”

Jongdae’s eyebrows were raised, and he looked – and definitely felt – superior to every one else on the table.

“True, true! I wanna be a puppy too.”

Chanyeol answered with wide eyes, looking to the other as if he was the wisest master of all.

 

The End. 289 Words.