A Moment - July 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

College AU.

 

Kyungsoo was in his living room, comfortably cuddled up in between blankets in the couch, reading a book. He had spent most of his winter break like that, always refusing when his college friends would call him to hang out.

The only person he had seen during that break from classes was Jongdae. And it wasn’t really by choice, he’d always say. Jongdae had been his friend since kindergarten, and ever since those days, the man wouldn’t leave him alone.

But Kyungsoo didn’t mind it that much. It was nice to have someone to talk to once in a while, and in spite of being quite annoying most of the times, Jongdae was a very educated young man, and they could easily carry deep conversations about all sorts of subjects. Kyungsoo liked that.

Of course, when he was immersed in a book, and his phone started ringing, the display showing Jongdae’s name, he didn’t feel very happy.

“What?”

He already answered with an attitude; not that that would make any difference to Jongdae, who always had the amazing ability to look past that and say whatever he wanted with the excitement he intended.

“Something amazing just happened.”

The man on the line said. Kyungsoo could hear a lot of chatter, so he could immediately tell that Jongdae was in a crowded place. Probably a busy market street, he figured, as he heard some merchants trying to sell their things. He didn’t bother to ask what had happened, as he knew Jongdae would well enough be able to continue without him.

“I’ve just seem the most beautiful face.”

Jongdae sounded dazed, like Kyungsoo had never heard him, and that made the man figure that he was definitely very serious.

“Really?”

He responded, trying to show some interest out of courtesy; though deep down he’d very much like to go back to his book and be done with this meaningless conversation.

“Yes. So beautiful, I’ll never forget it. This place, this time; I’ll have this moment engraved in my memory for very long.”

Jongdae was obviously off to some dream land, and Kyungsoo was half expecting for the man to continue speaking in poems for now on. But fortunately to him, that did not happen.

“I think I’ve fallen, Kyungsoo. I’ve fallen in love.”

As annoying as Jongdae was at times, he was still a valuable friend, and Kyungsoo wouldn’t wish for nothing less than great happiness to him. So hearing his friend in such a light, enchanted mood made him smile, closing his book and putting it aside, ready to put his heart into the conversation.

“Really? That’s a wonderful thing. Describe her to me.”

 

The End. 444 Words.