See Her - August 13th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Sehun just stared up at the ceiling, unable to sleep, a single thought running through his mind over and over again. He had been thinking about it for so long, he felt ready to talk, he needed to share his mind with someone. This feeling came to him at an unfortunate timing, sadly, as everyone was already asleep.

He could hear Suho’s deep breaths, like the man was one step away from snoring. It would be wrong to wake him up. They were all tired, they all needed sleep. Just because he couldn’t, didn’t mean he should drag someone else in the same road.

So he waited. Closing his eyes, he tried to sleep, tried to shut his brain off. When that didn’t work, he tried thinking about other things instead, tried to distract himself. When even that didn’t work, he gave up. Just started at the ceiling again, thinking over and over about that familiar face, and all the feelings it brought along.

Time passed, and it wasn’t yet morning, but something changed. Sehun could tell, by the way Suho’s breathing changed, that he was waking up. That was his chance, and without much thought, he opened his mouth.

“Hyung?”

He tried not to be too loud, but in the process he ended up being too quiet. His call was all but a measly whisper, something to be easily confused by a simple sigh.

“Yeah?”

But amazingly enough, Suho heard it. He always did. The man was always around when Sehun needed.

“Are you awake? Can we talk?”

Sehun asked, not sure if that was the right time, wondering if maybe Suho just wanted to go back to sleep. But the response was bright.

“I’m pretty awake, we can talk. What is it? Something bothering you?”

The room was dark, and Sehun wouldn’t even try looking at the older, but he knew, somehow he just knew, that Suho had that comforting kind smile on his face, the inviting one, that helped him feel better.

“Yeah, sort of…”

He started, hesitating a bit. He had been thinking about it so much all that time, that now he didn’t know how to begin. How to explain everything in an easy way.

“You see… Back when I was a kid, around the time I was starting to be a trainee, there was this girl in my neighborhood, she was really pretty.”

“Did you like her?”

That question made Sehun smile. He felt warm when thinking of that. He had no bad memories of that time.

“Yeah, I did. I still do actually. I can’t stop thinking about her. I want to know how she is, what she’s been doing. I want to talk to her again; hear her voice, her laugh.”

Sehun heard a soft laugh from the older, and paused, waiting to hear if he had anything to say.

“Seems like you’re in love with her.”

The warm Sehun was feeling was getting warmer. He soon felt hot, like his face was burning. Hearing something like that, that 4 letter word that he wouldn’t dare to admit to, made him agitated.

“I think she still lives in the same house. Some of my old friends mentioned her in a conversation once.”

Sehun’s heart was beating way too fast for his liking. He felt like his insides were shaking, like his whole body was weak and trembling. He was scared of that ‘love’ thing. He was impressed with how much damage it could cause.

“You should go see her.”

Suho started, not realizing the amount of anxiety his sentence brought on the younger.

“Catch up, see if all that you felt is still there when you talk to her again.”

“You think I should?”

Sehun had already agreed to it in his mind, but somehow he needed confirmation. If Suho thought that was the right thing to do, then it probably was a good choice.

“You want to know how she is now, right? Maybe she’s just as amazing as you remember, and maybe she changed into a terrible person. You’ll only know if you go see.”

Suho’s words were always a fine remedy. Even with all the agitation in his body, Sehun started to feel calm.

“Thank you hyung.”

He knew just what to do now.

 

The End. 715 Words.