Celebration - June 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Joonmyun moved quickly, because he knew he didn’t have much time left. Jongdae had just texted him saying he was close to home.

He moved around the house, searching for the candles he bought especially for this occasion. He hid them from Jongdae so the man wouldn’t question it, but now he forgot their location.

He searched in every possible place he could have hidden, and they were on the last spot he could think to look, making him a little angry that he didn’t remember it earlier, or he’d be done with preparations by now.

But everything else was set, the fancy plates were on the fancily decorated table, the food was being kept hot in the oven, all that was missing was the mood lighting, and that what the candles were for.

He placed the larger ones on the center of the table, and then a bunch of little ones all around the room, proceeding to light every single one of them, and turning off the lights. The end result was exactly what he imagined, which made him very pleased.

Now he only needed to wait.

And after a few minutes, he heard the sound of the door unlocking. Jongdae was back, on perfect timing.

“I’m home!”

The man announced as he walked in, but stopped right away. His jaw dropped and his open mouth started to for a smile.

“Welcome home.”

Joonmyun sweetly said, walking over to his boyfriend.

“And happy anniversary.”

He placed his hands on each side of Jongdae’s face and gave him a peck, but the man took a while to respond, as he still looked surprised.

“You liar. I thought we were keeping it simple this year! I only bought you flowers…”

Jongdae complained, but the huge smile on his face showed how happy he was. Right as he finished talking he moved one of his hands, handing Joonmyun a beautiful bouquet of roses.

“Flowers are more than enough, they’re perfect. Now sit down, I’ll go put these in water and bring the food out.”

Joonmyun talked as he turned and started walking away, but Jongdae didn’t let him, holding the man by his waist and pulling him back.

“Thank you for this. I love you.”

He said, giving Joonmyun a deeper kiss, which the man happily responded to. They parted slowly, gazing into each other’s eyes, neither wanting to let go.

“I love you too.”

Joonmyun said and finished it off with another peck, making both chuckle.

Love and happiness were in the air, and it seemed more than right to celebrate their wonderful relationship.

 

The End. 433 Words.


AN:

This is a birthday present to ex00dus! Happy birthday dear!! I hope you have a great day!! (and sorry if the drabble was too cheesy, I couldn't help it XD)