Last Meal - June 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Prison AU.

 

Baekhyun didn’t like his job. He wouldn’t quit, because he needed the money, but he didn’t hide the fact that he hated it. He’d probably jump out as soon as he got a job somewhere else. But for now there wasn’t much he could do.

Working with prisoners was hard enough, but after he was transferred to this new prison, they put him in the team in charge of the death-row wing. Those guys were the really scary ones. But he had to do his job.

 And as the newest addition to the team, he just received the responsibility to write down that inmate 034 wanted for his last meal.

That meant his time was coming soon, and Baekhyun had no idea how the guy would be. But he knew that being angry was probably a normal reaction, and at those times he was more than thankful for the bars that separated them.

 “Oh Sehun?”

He tried to look tough and in control in front of the prisoners, but they all knew he was a coward. Whenever there was the slightest trouble, he asked for backup.

“What is that, a menu?”

The man behind the bars asked. He looked very calm and collected. He almost looked happy and relaxed, and that only gave Baekhyun chills. That guy was extra creepy, and he hated it.

“Yes, but just to give you some ideas. You can ask for things that are not on this list too. What will it be?”

Baekhyun kept his serious exterior, not letting the prisoner know how scared he was.

 Sehun didn’t even get up from his crappy and rusty looking bed to look at the paper Baekhyun was holding. He just smiled.

“I know what I want.”

He said, and Baekhyun waited, his pen resting on the paper, ready to write.

“Bubble tea.”

It was an odd choice, but Baekhyun wasn’t going to be the one to point that out. He didn’t say a word, and just wrote down about a dozen different flavors that Sehun was asking him for. After the prisoner said that was all, he walked away, leaving his sigh of relief to when he was safe in the warden’s office, so no one could see his weakness.

“So, what did he want?”

Chanyeol, one of the senior workers there, asked. He was obviously on his break, sipping on some coffee with his feet up on the table.

“It was weird. All he asked for was bubble tea, like, over 12 kinds.”

Baekhyun responded, placing the paper on the table. Chanyeol straightened up, putting his feet on the ground and making a serious face as he took the paper. That didn’t make Baekhyun feel good.

“Oh god, that’s eerie…”

Chanyeol whispered, spiking the man’s interest.

“What?”

Chanyeol looked at him seriously for a while, his eyebrows furrowing quite a lot before he answered.

“That guy is in here for killing his boyfriend and his entire close family. And guess what they owned.”

“What?”

Baekhyun asked even though he really didn’t want to know.

“They owned a bubble tea shop.”

Baekhyun got chills again, and a decision came to his head. Time to look for a new job.

 

The End. 533 Words.