Waiting - October 25th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to Chapter 243 ‘Feelings’.

 

Sehun shook his leg uncontrollably, as he waited. He looked around the coffee shop, mostly focusing on the door, but there was no sign of Kyungsoo. The young man was nervous, because he was doing something his instincts had completely warned him against.

He had asked Kyungsoo on a date.

It had been over a year and a half since the whole ordeal with Jongin, almost two entire years, and still, Sehun was still very much in love with his friend. He thought that if he hid it, and just continued hanging with Kyungsoo normally, it would go away, but all it did was increase his feelings.

It came to the point where he couldn’t control it anymore, and on a boost of courage – and with the help of a bit of alcohol – he confessed his feelings and offered to take Kyungsoo out. He intended to show the man what a real relationship should be like, compared to all the poor dating choices he had made in the past.

Currently, Sehun had no idea how he ever got the guts to do that, since he was so nervous that he felt like running away, or going to the bathroom to puke. And the waiting was the worse, because he didn’t really knew if Kyungsoo would come. When he asked, the man seemed parted, like someone who doesn’t want to ruin a good friendship. Which is understandable, after what happened with his previous friend-turned-into-boyfriend; but Sehun wasn’t like Jongin, and apparently he did a good enough job of convincing Kyungsoo of that, since the man had agreed to the date.

But still, he could give up and just not come. Sehun didn’t know anymore. So he just waited.

He tried to focus on the good part. He thought about all the nice things he could do, like taking Kyungsoo to the man’s favorite places – which as a longtime friend, he knew well – showing him how true affection and devotion is like.

Sehun unconsciously kept comparing himself to Jongin. The friend had already moved out into a little apartment of his own, but the two still kept in contact, even if less that before. Jongin really seemed to be trying to get his life straight, and Sehun supported him for that, but he just couldn’t let go of what went on two years ago. After a lot of deep thinking through the times, Sehun had guessed he was so angry at Jongin because it was Kyungsoo he had hurt, and now Sehun just hated the thought of anyone hurting Kyungsoo, so it would probably take a while for him to let go of what Jongin did, even if Kyungsoo had already got passed it.

So many things travelled through his mind, so many thoughts and ideas, he wanted that day to just be perfect. He was so wrapped up in his own mind that he almost missed Kyungsoo walking through the door. Luckily, he came back to reality before the man even noticed him. Sehun lifted his arm from the table, calling out to the man.

He suddenly felt incredibly embarrassed, and a good amount of awkward as well, but he could see that Kyungsoo did as well, and he knew that they would get passed that soon. Especially because now that Kyungsoo was here, he felt incredibly happy and hopeful, so he would make sure to have things go the right way, as a proper date.

 

The End. 575 Words.


AN:

Another long forgotten sequel that I promised ;A; I've been really distracted lately, I seem to have forgotten everything! Thank for the reminders (about this one and the last one with Jongdae), and if you think there's another sequel I'm forgetting, please tell me so I can get to work!!! >.<

Now about this drabble! there are still a couple more to come until I feel like the story is more or less finished, and I'm working on them now, but I won't post them one day after another, because it might get boring for some people who aren't that interested in this story line~ so I'll be posting these sequel every other day, ok? <3 I think there's only two more to go, so it won't be that overwhealming ^^