Fishing - February 12th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Kris sighed as he repeatedly looked from the can of fish bait in his hand, to Tao’s back in the distance by the lake. The younger had insisted to go fishing with him, complaining that it had been too long since they last did something together, and even after Kris warned him that the activity included a lot of waiting around, and a few nasty moments, the boy still insisted.

“Tao, here. We have to put these in our hooks.”

He said as he came close, stretching his arm out and putting the can close to Tao, who looked into it with curiosity, his face contorting in disgust as soon as the vision of the inside hit him.

“EEEWW!”

That was exactly the reaction Kris had predicted, and he couldn’t help but laugh as the younger backed away.

“Don’t worry, I’ll do it for you. You don’t have to touch this stuff.”

Kris said still laughing, and Tao thanking him, sighing in relief, but still not moving closer, and he wouldn’t, not until Kris had baited their hooks and closed the can.

Doing outdoors activities with Tao was always a lot of work, with the boy always screaming about bugs, or something else that scared or disgusted him. But Kris always found himself enjoying those days the most, because it was always very rewarding.

And he had to admit, Tao was pretty cute when he was throwing a fit.

 

The End. 239 Words.