When Yugyeom is mesmerized by a girl busking in the streets and doesn't know that she is his new quiet friend, Hayoon

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o6q41s18cg1tg80flo2_1280.jpg

151020 [V] Before School Club (GOT7의 그림일기)Real GOT7 DVD - Cr.: defwang.tumblr.com

160407 Yugyeom Role Play 유겸이의 상황극 - http://www.vlive.tv/video/7197/%EC%9C%A0%EA%B2%B8%EC%9D%B4%EC%9D%98-%EC%83%81%ED%99%A9%EA%B7%B9[KCONTV Original] QnA On Spot GOT7 Part.1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YszNY2z5bpw 

For: frostfire

Partner: Got7's Yugyeom

Thank you for waiting! Enjoy~

pagebreak1.png

Yugyeom shoved his hands in his jean pockets and strolled past the street he's been coming back to for the past week. He moved into a new neighborhood two weeks ago and was already loving the town because of a certain someone he encountered on the streets.

He stopped at the corner of the street where a small crowd was standing. He smiled and jogged over to join.

His heart fluttered right when he heard a slightly husky voice accompanied by a guitar.

Yugyeom was glad that he was tall. He stood in the back and admired the girl who was sitting on the short brick wall, playing the guitar and singing her heart out. Although her voice was husky, Yugyeom thought that it was the most angelic voice he had ever heard.

The song ended and the crowd cheered. Yugyeom took his hands out of his pockets and clapped along. The girl thanked them and started to pack up.

Yugyeom frowned. She's leaving already? She ususally stays until past three though. 

The crowd dispersed and Yugyeom was the only one left. The girl slung her guitar case around her shoulders. She's going! Noooooo. 

Yugyeom wanted to take a step toward her and say hello but couldn't. He stood with his feet planted on the ground as he watched the girl walk away.

After she was gone, Yugyeom groaned in frustration and pulled on his hair. "You're so stupid! Why can't you just go up to her? She's just a girl!"

People passing by stared at the weird kid. Yugyeom huffed and frowned. It would be easier for him to know who she was, know what school she went to, and know what she looked like only if she didn't wear a mask and hat every time she busked on the corner of the street. 

If only I knew what she looked like... Yugyeom sighed and walked back home.

The next day, Yugyeom walked to school. He entered the classroom and sat down in his seat. His seat partner was already there, reading a book.

"What book are you reading?"

Hayoon glanced at him and quickly went back to her book.

Yugyeom frowned. I don't think I've ever heard her talk except for when the teacher calls on her. 

"What's it about?" he probed.

Hayoon scooted away from him and looked the other way.

Yugyeom sighed and but smiled. "You're my only friend, you know that right?"

Hayoon glanced at him and pursed her lips. Does he not see the hideous scar on my face? I'm surprised I haven't scared him away yet. 

Yugyeom took that as an acknowledgment and was satisfied for the day. He put his headphones on and leaned his head on the desk and closed his eyes. 

Yugyeom was mesmerzied, once again, by the girl's husky voice as she sang to him. This time, she wasn't wearing a mask or a hat but he still couldn't see her face clearly.

He squinted to try to see through the thick fog bu-

"Yugyeom." He smiled and took a step closer this time.

"Yugyeom." He was able to go up to her but still could- "Yugyeom. Yugyeom!" 

"Yugyeom!"

Yugyeom shot up from the desk in shock. He jumped back when he saw Hayoon's face in front of his. Hayoon blinked at him with big round eyes.

"It's lunch time." She curtly said before walking out of the classroom.

Yugyeom sat there dumbfounded and confused. This is the first time she talked to me....and her voice sounds exactly like the girl. 

After school, Yugyeom didn't bother to go home and went straight to the corner of the street. The girl was already there with her mask and hat on, strumming her guitar and singing. He narrowed his eyes and tried to match Hayoon and the girl together. 

They do have the same shade of hair color...and the same length. But that doesn't mean anything! Half of the girls in Korea have that hairstyle! 

Yugyeom took a step closer as the song reached it's . That can't be Hayoon. She's so quiet in class but this girl is so passionate and loud! 

The song ended and the crowd disappeared again. This is my only chance to find out. Yugyeom took a deep breath and clenched his fists before taking the first step toward her.

The girl already packed up and was about to walk away when Yugyeom stood in front of her. The girl looked up at him with big, round eyes.

Yugyeom internally gasped, Those eyes... 

He slowly lifted his hand and lowered the mask from her face, revealing the scar that ran across half of down to her chin. His jaw dropped when he was face to face with Nam Hayoon, the girl who never talks. Nam Hayoon, his only friend at school. Nam Hayoon, the girl who made his heart stop with her angelic voice.

"Hayoon..." Hayoon quickly put the mask over her face again and walked past him.

"Wait!" He grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. "Don't run away."

Hayoon wordlessly looked at him with her big eyes.

"I..." Yugyeom sighed and tried to find the right words to say. "I really like your voice." He saw her eyes soften and her shoulders relax and continued. "I always come here to listen to you perform and I've always wanted to talk to you but couldn't find the courage to."

He his lips. "What I want to say is that you don't have to be afraid to perform in front of people. You don't have to hide your face. Your voice is amazing already. Hiding your pretty face like this isn't going to draw anymore people in."

Hayoon bit her lip and looked at the ground. Yugyeom lifted his hand to her face but was hesitant this time. "...Can I?" He carefully asked.

Hayoon didn't respond, but he decided to take that as a yes. He removed the mask from her face and took her hat off, letting her brown hair gracefully fall down to her shoulders. People who were walking by saw her and gasped while some whispered.

Hayoon immediately tried to reach for her mask but Yugyeom stopped her and held her hands in place. "You're beautiful, Nam Hayoon."

Hayoon gasped and looked at him. Is he joking? She relaxed when she saw the sincerity in his eyes.

"You don't have to hide your face," he repeated in a whisper. "Your voice needs to be heard with a face to go along with it. And there is nothing wrong with yours, so don't wear this anymore." He shoved the mask into his pocket.

Yugyeom rubbed circles onto her hands and smiled. "I finally know now, what the busking girl looks like."

Hayoon began to smile too and forgot about everyone who was staring and talking about her scar. What she saw was the boy who called her beautiful for the first time, and stayed by her side while others ran away.