When Hyemi gets into a fight with Mingyu and gets trapped in a room that's on fire the next day

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

seventeen-behind-pic-seventeen-2nd-mini-

687474703a2f2f33332e6d656469612e74756d62

For: umamyle

Partner: Seventeen's Mingyu

pagebreak1.png

"Why were you with him last night?" Mingyu questioned with a raised voice. Hyemi frustratedly sighed and ran her fingers through her long brown hair. This was the third time this week Mingyu was acting up like this. The first two times, he barged into her classroom and disturbed the whole lesson. This time, he dragged her up to the rooftop.

"Answer me, Kim Hyemi!"

"Why do you even care?"

Mingyu ignored her question and kept ranting on. "You've been hanging out with Seungcheol all week!" He scoffed. "You keep going after guys who will never like you. He's never going to have feelings for someone like you so stop clinging onto him." Pain flashed through Hyemi's eyes at his accusation. "What did you say?" Her voice barely came out as a whisper. "You didn't answer any of my calls or messages last night, again. Do you know how worried I was?" Mingyu looked at her and bitterly smirked. "Probably not. Because you were too busy batting your eyelashes for your boy toy."

"Kim Mingyu!"

"What, Hyemi!"

Hyemi staggered backwards at his loud voice. This was the first time Mingyu yelled at her. And Mingyu didn't even realize he was hurting his best friend who loved him. Mingyu's eyes were on fire. He was too caught up in his anger to realize what he was doing. "You're just like all the others girls out there. An attention-seeking ."

Hyemi sharply gasped at his harsh words. Tears started to form in her eyes and fell down. Seeing her tears and hurt-filled eyes, Mingyu's heart dropped when he finally realized what he did. "H-Hyemi. I..." She quickly wiped them away. "Yeah, I'm the one clinging onto him. I like him. So what? Why do you care so much?" Hyemi asked the question again, hoping he would answer this time. Just say it, Kim Mingyu. 

Another tear ran down Hyemi's face. "Why do you care!" This time, she raised her voice. Mingyu was taken aback by her question. "Because! I-" Mingyu stopped. Why did he care so much? "Because...." His voice faltered as his eyes trailed down to the ground. Hyemi sniffled and wiped her tear away. "Coward." She muttered under her breath, loud enough for him to hear before walking to the exit of the rooftop. Mingyu fell onto his knees. What have I done? 

That night, Hyemi ended up turning her phone off because Mingyu kept calling and messaging her. Mingyu crashed down onto his bed and looked up at the ceiling. "An attention-seeking ." I made a big mistake. Mingyu screamed and threw his phone across the room.

The next day, Mingyu tried to talk to Hyemi but she avoided him. "Looking for Hyemi?" Mingyu scowled when he saw Seungcheol next to him. Seungcheol took a sip of his drink. "She's probably cramped up in the chemistry room studying for her big test today." Mingyu furrowed his brows. "What?"

"Didn't you hear from her? I was tutoring her all week for today's test. Wow, what a great best friend. You don't even know her schedule? Tsk tsk." Seungcheol took another sip from the can and walked away. Mingyu roughly ruffled his hair and groaned. A big, big mistake. 

"Is that smoke?"

"Oh my gosh, there's a fire!"

Mingyu's attention diverted toward a student who was behind him. He turned to where she was pointing. "The two story building is on fire! Someone call 911!" The two story building. That's where the chemistry lab is. Mingyu gasped. Hyemi. He dodged the big crowd in front of the building and dashed into the entrance of the two story building. "Kim Mingyu! It's dangerous!" He ignored the teachers' warnings and ran up the stairs.

The whole second story was filled with black smoke. Mingyu coughed and tried to see through the smoke. "Hyemi! Hyemi!" Mingyu opened every door and called out for her. At every empty room, Mingyu coughed more and more. It felt like his lungs were going to burst at any moment. He reached the door in the middle of the hallway and opened the door. Fire exploded right when he opened the door, causing him to fall back and hit the wall. "Agh..." Mingyu winced and held his arm.

He opened his eyes and got sudden energy when he saw Hyemi's hand on the floor. Ignoring the pain on his right arm, Mingyu used all his strength to get on his elbows and crawled to Hyemi inside the classroom. "Hyemi-yah." He coughed. "Oh no." Hyemi lay next to her desk, unconscious. Mingyu's vision became blurry as he shook her shoulder. "Hyemi-yah. Wake up." His eyes started to close as his arm went limp. Mingyu whispered her name one more time as smoke engulfed his vision and he fell unconscious.


Mingyu started coughing and regaining his conscious. He gasped as he woke up. "Hyemi!" His eyes shot open as he got up from the bed. "Hyemi! Where's Hyemi?" The nurse calmed him down and motioned to the bed next to him. Mingyu breathed in relief when he saw her safe next to him. "She'll wake up soon, don't worry. You should worry about yourself. You broke your right arm." Mingyu looked down at his cast and smiled. As long as Hyemi's okay, I'm good. 

When the nurse left, Mingyu got off the bed and sat down on the chair next to Hyemi's bed. He caressed her hair and leaned on his good arm, admiring her and thanking the heavens that she was okay. A couple hours later, Hyemi opened her eyes. She gasped when she saw Mingyu staring at her. "How long were you looking at me for?" Mingyu just goofily smiled. "I'm so glad you're okay. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you in that fire." Mingyu's gaze fell down to the bed. "I'm sorry." Hyemi furrowed her brows.

"I shouldn't have accused you without knowing the whole story. I always jump to conclusions." He looked up when Hyemi reached to hold his hand. "It's okay, Mingyu. I know you didn't mean it. I'll make sure to tell you next time. And...thanks for saving me." Mingyu smiled like a little boy, "Anytime."


The nurse came in to give them their dinner. Mingyu quickly got his tray and climbed onto Hyemi's bed. "What are you doing?" Mingyu ignored her question and hummed as he opened all the dishes. "Ooh! I hope it tastes better than what everyone says." Hyemi laughed and began to eat. Mingyu sat there and just watched her eat. Hyemi quirked a brow at him. "You're not eating?"

"Because I like you." Hyemi almost choked on her food. Mingyu quickly handed her her cup of water. Hyemi drank and took a deep breath. "What did you say?" "I'm answering your question. You're right, I was a coward. I didn't even realize my true feelings for you. And I'm sorry for that too." Hyemi softened and set he spoon down too. "Mingyu-yah."

Mingyu looked at her with sincere eyes. "I care because I'm worried about you. I get angry because I'm jealous. Because I like you, Kim Hyemi. Will you forgive me?" Hyemi smiled and blinked her tears of joy away. "Finally. I thought you'd never say it." Mingyu furrowed his brows. "I like you too, stupid." She picked her spoon, "Now, eat. You have to eat to get better." Mingyu smiled and opened his mouth. "Ah." "What are you doing?" Mingyu pouted. "I broke my arm. You have to feed me." Hyemi rolled her eyes. "You broke your right arm. You're left-handed." Mingyu laughed. "Aw man. I can't fool you." He picked up his spoon and began to eat, sometimes feeding her.

At night, Hyemi furrowed her brows when she felt another weight on her bed. "Mingyu?" Mingyu wrapped his good arm around her waist and snuggled against her. "We're going to get in trouble!" "For sleeping next to the girl I love?" Hyemi scoffed but smiled. "Fine, only for one night." She turned and hugged his waist and snuggled against his chest, falling into deep slumber.