When Joshua and Hayoon meet again after separating because of their parents

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

today jisoodo not edit

tumblr_o6agd2tPpJ1s2zrgxo1_500.gif 

For: frostfire

Partner: Seventeen's Joshua

Thanks for waiting!!

pagebreak1.png

"Sorry, but I'm not interested."

Joshua walked out of the restaurant after paying for the bill. He sighed as he closed the car door.

This was the fifth blind date his parents set up for him after he came back from Europe. He went so that his parents wouldn't complain and apologetically rejected every one of the gorgeous daughters of the big companies his parents wanted to partner up with. He still couldn't forget the girl who stole his heart while he was in college.

Too bad his parents got in the way and made him study abroad in Europe.

Joshua drove back to his apartment and opened a can of beer. He sat on the couch and the tv. He changed the channels, past the news and dramas, until he came across a variety show. The people were visitng the Namsan Tower.

Joshua took a sip of his beer and bitterly smirked at the thought of visiting with Hayoon three years ago. 

"Where should we hang it?" Hayoon scanned the area and pointed to the corner. "Next to the pole over there!"

Joshua nodded and followed her. They hung the keychains and giggled. "Remember our promise. We can't read it until out fifth year anniversary."

"What if we're not together then?"

Hayoon frowned and hit his chest. "Don't say that! Go knock on wood." She pushed him toward a wooden bench, making him knock on it three times.

"This doesn't even help! It might still happen." Hayoon hugged his waist and leaned against his chest. "It's assuring."

Joshua looked down at her with a raised brow, "Are you doubting the power of our love for each other?"

"No!" Hayoon cutely shook her head. "Of course not. I'm not letting you leave me even after we die." 

Joshua shook his head at the thought and sipped his beer again. "What if we never even meet again?"

Unconsciously, Joshua knocked three times on the wooden table next to his couch. It became a habit of his after Hayoon made him do it during the two years they were together. I hope it isn't true. 

Joshua woke up on the couch and groaned. He checked his phone and sighed when he saw that it was way past his morning jog time. He looked at his phone again when an alert came. Happy Anniversary! 

Joshua smirked at the calendar notification. "It would have been five years today."

Joshua abruptly shot up from the couch and walked to the bathroom to wash up and get ready. He drove to the Namsam Tower and took his time walking up the long trail. He finally arrived at the elevator and entered. The elevator doors opened and couples were walking around everywhere, making Joshua feel lonely again.

He walked to the corner where he locked the keychain and prepared his mind and heart. Joshua stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar back view of a girl who was crouching down next to the pole. Joshua's heart stopped when she stood up and turned around.

"Hayoon..."

Hayoon looked the same. No, she was even prettier than he remembered. Her hair was shorter now and she looked more mature. But her smile was still the same.

Hayoon stopped smiling when she made eye contact with Joshua. Their breaths hitched, and they stood there, staring at each other for what seemed like an hour. All the memories came back to them and Hayoon finally smiled. She took the first step forward, making his heart skip a beat in anticipation.

"Hey, Joshua." He still swooned at the sound of his name off her tongue. "Hayoon."

"I just read what we wrote three years ago. Gosh, we were so in love back then."

Joshua furrowed his eyebrows, Were? 

"We're all grown up now, you and I. And here we meet again like this. I guess knocking on wood really doesn't work, huh?"

"Hayoon-"

She took a deep breath and sighed, "It was nice seeing you again, Joshua." She walked past him, brushing her shoulder against his.

Joshua panicked. He couldn't let her go again so easily this time. He grabbed her wrist and hugged her. "Josh-"

"You came back for the same reason I did. You wouldn't have come if you didn't care enough about us..."

The tears Hayoon was holding started to flow down her cheeks. Joshua's eyes watered as well as he tightened his grip around her body.

"You still love me too."

Hayoon sniffled and pushed him away. "Josh, I can't-"

"Why not? We're more grown up now. We're more mature, and our parents can't stop us from being together again. I won't let them this time. I was foolish for letting you go three years ago, Hayoon."

Hayoon laughed and wiped her tears. "Took you long enough to come back."

Joshua hugged her again and smiled. "I'm sorry, and I won't ever leave you again. I promise."