(Tweaked) When Jieun gets bullied because she is paralyzed but Xiumin, her boyfriend, still loves her and protects her

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

exo_calendar_2015_xiumin.jpg

tumblr_njjneslZEn1stz29co3_540.gif

 

For: Deasy_ayue

 

Partner: Exo's Xiumin

pagebreak1.png

 

Jieun stopped in front of the school campus. Everything’s going to be okay. You’re going to be alright. Jieun took a deep breath and tightened her grip on the wheels of her wheelchair.

 

It’s been eight months since she’s been at school. After the bicycle accident, Jieun fell into a three month coma and woke up to find out that she was paralyzed from her waist down. She would not be able to use her legs anymore.

 

Jieun looked at her phone and contemplated whether she should contact Xiumin and let him know that she was here. He would come to her right away if he knew that she was here today. Thinking that it was unnecessary and burdensome, Jieun sighed and went through the school halls on her wheelchair. She received stares and heard snickers and whispers. She was different now and would be the talk of the whole school by second period. It was inevitable.

 

The bell rang for nutrition and the halls were crowded with rowdy students. Jieun struggled to make her way to her locker. She practiced to go around on her wheelchair but was still not used to the crowded halls.

 

“Ow! Watch it, gimp.” A boy spat curse words and stalked away with his friends. Jieun hung her head low and carefully went on, trying not to run over anyone else. Don’t mind them, Jieun. You’ve been preparing for this. Just ignore them. She put her textbooks in her locker. Remember what Xiumin told you. Everything is going to be okay. You’ll be alright. Jieun closed her locker and turned around to head to the library. She never had many friends.

 

She was met with a pair of red sneakers and looked up to see the owner. She gasped when she saw the school bully and her crew. “Hey loser.” Haeryung blew her bubble gum that disappeared with a pop. “I see that you’re crippled now. It seems like all the bad things are happening to you.” Her sidekicks snickered behind her. “Loner. Lame. Nerd. Orphan. And now a retard with no legs.” With each word, Haeryung took a step toward her. There was a crowd forming, and no one was there to help her. Jieun regretted not telling Xiumin. But she couldn’t shrink in front of them. She had to be strong. Jieun opened to talk back but she couldn’t think of any comeback.

 

Haeryung let out a wicked laugh and turned to the crowd. “She’s mute too!” Everyone laughed along and whispered to each other. Jieun’s lips began to tremble.

 

 

Aera, one of Haeryung’s sidekicks, added on. “Why doesn’t Xiumin oppa just leave you? You’re so worthless.” Sunmi scoffed. “You’re just holding him down. What a witch.” Jieun’s face reddened as tears formed in her eyes. She wished she could run away right then and there. 

 

A voice suddenly boomed over the crowd and everyone went silent. "STOP!"

 

The crowd parted way for the male who stormed toward Haeryung and her crew. Haeryung gasped. "O-Oppa. This isn't what it looks like. We were just-"

 

Xiumin scoffed at her. "Do you really think I don't know what's going on?" It was as if his glares could kill. He stepped towards her, causing her to take a step back. "I'll tell you what's really going on. You were degrading and bullying someone just because you have nothing better to do. Heck, it's because you're insecure about yourself that you make fun of everyone you can." He jabbed his finger at her shoulder. "And now that Jieun's back, you think you can just bully her like this?" 

 

"You know what I think? I think you're just jealous of my Jieun." Xiumin turned around to look at Jieun. "I mean just look at her, she's beautiful. She's smart, hardworking, and just everything a guy can ask for in a girl." Jieun started to tear up not from sadness, but from joy. Xiumin turned around again and glared at Haeryung and her crew. "And even though she can't walk anymore, I would choose her over any of you anyday." 

 

Haeryung burst into tears and ran away with her friends running after her, calling her name. The crowd was still there, in shock. "Well, what are you guys looking at? Go to class." Everyone quickly dispersed and soon the halls were empty. 

 

He walked up to Jieun and knelt down to her view. Seeing her tears, he frowned and wiped them away. "Don't cry. Smile because you have such a cool boyfriend." Jieun chuckled and finally smiled. "I'm crying because I have such a cool boyfriend." Xiumin smiled and ruffled her hair. 

 

"I'm sorry." Xiumin playfully frowned. "You should be sorry. Not telling your boyfriend that you came back? Letting him find out by seeing you getting bullied?" Jieun frowned and apologized again.

 

Xiumin gently smiled and pulled her into a hug. "It's okay, Han Jieun. I'm here now. So don't try to avoid me again, alright? I'll always be here to protect you."