(Surprise) When a customer accused Heejin of breaking her phone

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

✻ mr. xiumin // do not edit.

tumblr_o4b3l2MHOx1u0zjfgo1_1280.gif

tumblr_o4b3l2MHOx1u0zjfgo2_1280.gif

For: Shino159

Partner: Exo's Xiumin

I hope you like it!

pagebreak1.png

"Excuse me!" Heejin quickly ran from behind the counter, "Coming!" She stood in front of the customer and sweetly smiled while slightly bowing. "What can I do for you today, sir?"

The man looked like he was in his mid-forties and was wearing a tight grey checkered suit with his hair slicked back. He glanced around the jewelry store in a haughty manner before looking at Heejin up and down as if checking her out. "Do you have any rubies here? I'm looking for a ring for my tenth anniversary."

Heejin asked him to wait and walked to the counter to check the shelves. She bent down, her skirt slightly rising up. The man glanced at her endless legs and tried to look at what was up her skirt. He quickly stood up straight when she got up and jogged toward him.

Heejin meekly smiled and bowed again, "I'm sorry, sir but we actually just sold our last-"

The man rudely scoffed and muttered something under his breath before walking away. Heejin stopped midsentence and watched him walk away in shock. She quickly recovered when her manager called her from the back storage room.

From outside the store, a young man wearing black slacks, a white button up shirt, and a black blazer watched with gritted teeth as Heejin ran around the store. He eyed the man in the grey suit as he walked out while talking on the phone. "I thought you said the workers were worth looking at here."

He stopped walking and turned around to look at Heejin. "One of them was cute. She looks so innocent. I feel like she'll easily spend the night wit- Ah!"

The man dropped his phone and yelled as his arm was pulled back. "What the-" His eyes widened when he saw who was standing beside him. "S-Sir."

Xiumin glared at him, "Do you treat all workers like that here? And you call yourself the chief director." He smirked and glared at him again. "What would your wife say? Don't ever talk about her like that again. Don't talk to her, look at her." He twisted the man's arm, making him groan. "Don't even go near her, understand?"

The man fervently nodded and sighed in relief when Xiumin let go. "Now go back to your office, before I fire you." The man bowed and hurriedly ran to the elevator. Xiumin sighed and looked back at Heejin who was now mopping the floor. He shook his head and decided to leave for now.

Heejin was carrying four boxes to the counter when someone called her from the other side of the room.

"I'll be right with you, ma'am!" She carefully set the boxes down and turned around, bumping into someone. "Oh my gosh!" The lady yelped and picked up her phone from the ground.

Heejin noted the golden brooch on her purple blazer and the shining accessories danling from her ears. The lady had elegance floating all around her. "Look what you did! My phone cracked because of you!" Heejin gasped, "I'm so sorry, ma'am. How bad-"

"Don't touch me!" She obnoxiously flipped her hair and backed away from Heejin. "How are you going to fix this? This is all your fault!"

Heejin's lips trembled. "I-I apologize, ma'am. I can pay the bill to fix the screen-"

"The screen? I need a whole new phone! Look at the dent you made!" The lady pointed at a little scratch at the corner of the phone.

Heejin's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Ma'am, that's not a dent. It's a scratch that was probably already there before."

"Are you accusing me of lying? How dare you? Where's the manager!"

Heejin gasped in horror. If she told her manager, she would definitely get fired.

The lady looked like she could do anything with the money dripping off of her. "No, ple-"

"Get your filthy hands off of me!" The lady pushed Heejin away and raised her hand to hit her. The lady's frown deepened when someone grabbed her wrist from behind. "Who-" She gasped when she saw a charming young man behind her.

"Is something wrong, ma'am? Xiumin gritted his teeth.

"Yes, as a matter of fact-" The lady's eyebrows furrowed as she felt his grip on her wrist getting tighter, making her skin red and her angry again. "Who are you to stop me?!" Xiumin let go of her and wiped his hands with a handerchief, wiping the "filth" off of him. "I'm Kim Xiumin, the president of Junsung Group."

The lady gasped again and quickly fixed herself. She sweetly smiled at him, "What are you doing here, sir?" "I came down to check up on my staff to see if there were any problems." He eyed Heejin who lowered her head. He looked at the lady again, "Is there a problem?"

"This little wench made me drop my phone and cracked it! It's dented now! I bet it doesn't even work properly anymore." Xiumin took the phone and peered at the "dent". "You're right. The phone is broken." The lady smirked in triumph as Heejin gawked at him.

"But sir-" Xiumin hushed Heejin and took out his wallet. "On behalf of my staff, I'll pay instead." The lady was flabbergasted as she shook her hands in front of her. "It's alright, sir. I do-" Her jaw dropped when money hit her face. Hundred dollar bills fell to the ground around her feet.

"There, are you satisfied now? If you want money, just ask for it instead of blaming others for dropping your phone and making them pay for ridiculous reasons." He shoved the phone back into her hands. "I can tell you're a gold digger right away." He pointed at her pin. "A fake gold brooch from the shop across the street from ours." He pointed at her earrings. "Fake diamond earrings." He pointed at a her purse. "A cheap Prada look-a-like."

The lady's face glowed red from embarrassment. Xiumin glared down at her, "If you have time to put on shows like this, why don't you audition to become an actress? Oh wait, a face like yours won't make the cut." She sputtered incoherent words and flipped her hair before walking out of the store, completely humiliated.

"You, come with me." Xiumin grabbed Heejin's wrist and dragged her out of the shopping mall.

He spun around and sighed. "I told you to quit." Heejin frowned, "It's the only way-"

"-To pay for your brother's school tuition, I know. But you can work anywhere else. Or even better," Xiumin's eyes softened as he looked into her eyes. "You can accept my proposal." Heejin immediately glared at him. "I already said no."

"Why?" Xiumin pleaded, "I can give you everything, Heejin. I can pay for Heejoon's tuition. I can pay for you to go to art school. Heck, I can give you this whole shopping mall! You can have everything you've ever wanted if you come to me. And you won't be treated like that anymore."

Heejin shook her head, "I don't want to rely on you. I want to do this by myself....And I don't want to marry you for the money."

"Then what?" Xiumin would beg on his knees if he had to.

"I want to marry for love. But...I don't love you anymore, Xiumin."

Xiumin's heart dropped again, hearing her reject him for the second time. He didn't want to lose her again after her lost her in college. "I don't want to see you suffer like this, Heejin. You're quitting today, or I'm firing you. And you're moving in to my house starting from tomorrow."

Her eyes widened in shock. "WHAT? Xiumin, I said I don't lo-" "Then I'll make you love me. You loved me once. You can love me again."

Heejin's eyes softened. She had to admit that her heart still fluttered every time she saw him walking around the mall. That was the only reason she kept working there. It was the only way to see him everyday. "Okay. I'll move in."

Xiumin's face lit up, "Really?" She nodded, "Only if you let Heejoon stay there to-" Her breath was knocked out of her when Xiumin pulled her into his embrace. "Of course he can. Thank you. You won't regret it, I promise." Heejin secretly smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.