(Sequel) When it's Kai and Jinae's son's first birthday

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_static_axhcgnki9hk4ooc4os8cs4wgs.

tumblr_npy2zonxvA1qzh5sno2_400.giftumblr_npy2zonxvA1qzh5sno3_400.gif

tumblr_npy2zonxvA1qzh5sno4_400.giftumblr_npy2zonxvA1qzh5sno1_400.gif 

For: _fs_abby

Partner: Exo's Kai

I hope you like it!

pagebreak1.png

Kai put the book down and looked at Jinae who was fast asleep. He caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Tomorrows Donghae's first birthday. It would be nice if you remembered him..."

Kai sighed and stood up. "There's always tomorrow."


Kai unlocked the door and walked inside. "Donghae?"

He heard a tiny squeal of joy and light footsteps approach him.

"Daddy!" Donghae stumbled out from the living room with his nanny, a grandma down the hall, following right behind him.

Kai crouched down and opened his arms with a big smile on his face. Donghae tripped on his own feet and fell into Kai's arms. Kai picked him up and kissed his cheek. "Hi, baby."

Kai smiled and turned to the nanny. "Thank you for staying later, Mrs. Choi. I'll make sure to pay you extra next week."

She waved her hand in the air. "No need. I don't mind staying longer because Donghae's such a good boy." She pinched his cheeks, making him giggle.

Kai proudly grinned. Mrs. Choi's face darkened a little. "He cried for his mommy again today." Kai's grin faded. "He really misses her, Kai. Tomorrows his first birthday, you say?"

Kai nodded while looking at Donghae who was playing with Kai's shirt collar.

Mrs. Choi gave him a sympathetic look and touched his shoulder. "She'll get better. Postpartum depression doesn't last too long. I know, I've had it once before. She'll come back soon." She gave him one last squeeze on the shoulder before walking out the door.

Kai tucked Donghae into bed and kissed his forehead.

"Mommy..." Donghae muttered in his sleep and Kai softened. "She'll be home soon, I promise."


Kai fixed his bowtie in the mirror and turned around. "Ready?" Donghae stopped playing with his toy truck and beamed up at his dad.

Kai walked to Jinae's hospital room. Right when he opened the door, a cup fell on the ground and rolled to his feet. He looked up and immediately gave Donghae to a nurse inside before rushing to Jinae.

Jinae screamed and flailed her arms in the air, pushing all the nurses away. "Where's Donghae? Why am I here? Where's my son?!"

Kai grabbed her arms and Jinae gasped when she saw him. Tears welled in her eyes as she cried, "Kai....where's Donghae? Why am I in here? They're not letting me see him. Where is he? You brought him, right?"

Kai couldn't believe his ears. She remembered. She finally remembered.

"Honey, calm down. He's right here in this room." Kai quickly brought Donghae and put him carefully in Jinae's arms. A tear slid down her face as she cradled her son in her arms. "You grew so much. I'm sorry. Mommy's sorry, Donghae." She sobbed as she held him to her chest.

Kai sighed in relief and sat down on the bed next to her. Their lives were going back to normal again.

Jinae discharged from the hospital one week later and was back home.

"Mommy!" Jinae rushed into Donghae's bedroom. "Yes, Donghae?"

Donghae frowned and held a book in front of her. "Book?"

Jinae smiled and sat beside him. "Alright, let's see. Wow, the Beauty and the Beast?"

Donghae nodded and gave the book to her before sitting on her lap. "Once upon a time..."

Kai leaned against the doorway with his arms crossed and a grin on his face.

"Daddy!" Jinae looked up when Donghae pointed at the door.

Kai walked in and sat down in front of them. "Are you having fun with mommy?"

Donghae beamed up at him and hugged her tight. "Mine."

Kai faked a gasp and frowned. "She's mine."

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed as he frowned and glared at Kai. "Mine!"

Jinae laughed, "Looks like you have competition, Kai."

Kai chuckled and ruffled Donghae's hair.

"He's possessive like you!"

"You never said that's a bad thing."

Jinae chuckled, "No I did not."

Kai leaned closer and kissed her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Small hands pushed their faces apart. They looked down at Donghae who was clinging onto Jinae and frowning at Kai.

Kai laughed and squished his cheeks. "Alright, alright. You can have her."