When Daehyun, the newbie lifeguard, had to give CPR to Jinae

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

tumblr_o6l7qvfu1Q1rnkj5ho2_400.pngtumblr_o6l7qvfu1Q1rnkj5ho1_400.png

For: heavenlyvoice

Partner: BAP's Daehyun

Feel free to request again!

pagebreak1.png

Daehyun sat comfortably on the tall lifeguard chair that was made just for him. Well, not just for him, but Daehyun liked to think that he owned the beach and that it was his job to protect everyone there.

asia-bap-bap-boy-favim-com-3838583.jpg

"I'm going to leave now. Have fun on your second day." Yongguk, his "mentor", patted his shoulder and left.

"Have fun on your vacation, hyung!" Yongguk waved without looking back.

Daehyun settled down in his chair again and put his sunglasses on. He smirked, "The suns up and shining, the children are happily playing, and the waves are great today. What could go wrong?"

As soon as those words left his mouth, he heard a cry for help. He shot up from his chair and took his sunglasses off. A girl's head was bobbing in the water and her arms were reaching out of the water. "Don't worry! I'm coming!" He shouted to no one in particular, grabbed the lifebuoy, and ran into the water.

Daehyun swam with all his might and panicked when he didn't see her anymore. He took a deep breath and went underwater. He spotted her slowly sinking and dove downward. Daehyun managed to pull her limp body to the shore and carried her to the shore. He panicked again when he realized that she was unconscious.

"Okay, Daehyun. Think. What did Yongguk hyung teach you?" He calmed himself down and checked to see if he could feel her breaths on his finger. ! She's not breathing! Daehyun put his hand on her neck to check her pulse, which he did not find. He frantically looked around for help and slapped himself for being silly. You're the lifeguard! Do something! 

"Alright. Uh...." He awkwardly put the heel of his palm on her chest and pressed down. He continued to do 30 compressions at the rate of 100 per minute, exactly how Yongguk taught him. Daehyun checked her pulse again. Why is she not coming back?! 

Daehyun slowly pinched her nose and leaned in. He gulped when he got a closer look at her milky skin. This was his first time giving CPR and he was nervous. It didn't help that the victim was a cute girl with freckles that he couldn't stop staring at. 

Get it together, Daehyun! She's going to die because of you! 

Daehyun set all other thoughts aside and leaned down. He blew air into twice before pumping her heart again. He was about to lean down again when she spat salt water at his face, coughing and regaining conscious.

Jinae opened her eyes and gasped when she saw handsome face in front of hers. He looked even better with his hair wet. He saved me. 

Before she could say anything, the handsome boy was pushed off of her. "Jinae! Are you alright?" 

go-joon-hee-marie-claire-magazine-may-20

"Unni..."

Junhee sat Jinae up and scanned her up and down. "Are you alright? Aigoo," Junhhe hit Jinae on the shoulder. "I leave you for five minutes and you almost die."

Junhee shook her head and make Jinae stand up. "I brought the car. Let's go."

Jinae looked back at Daehyun who was staring at her as Junhee dragged her away. Thank you, she mouthed.

Daehyun just smiled back.

Jinae touched her lips. That means we kissed. My first kiss... 

"Are you okay? Did the water get to your head?"

Jinae looked at her sister who was driving and smiled. "I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me anymore. I'm not a little kid."

Junhee sighed, "You're always getting into trouble. What am I supposed to tell mom and dad if you die?"

Jinae laughed knowing that her older sister was just caring for her.

After eating dinner, Jinae walked past the pier and back to the beach. I wonder if the lifeguard is still here. Jinae walked to the lifeguard chair and frowned when she saw someone else.

Jinae sulked back to the sidewalk. I guess he's not- "Ah!" Jinae fell back into someone's arms as a motorbike zoomed past her. Jinae blinked at her savior and her heart flipped. It's him. 

Daehyun smirked, making her legs go weak. Thank God he was already holding her.

"You're always getting into trouble, aren't you?" Daehyun helped her stand up straight again.

Jinae's cheeks were burning red. She was glad that it was nighttime. He wouldn't be able to see her blushing. "Thank you for saving me again."

"My pleasure."

Jinae frowned when he turned to walk away. "Wait!" Daehyun turned around and Jinae shyly looked at the ground.

"I-I'll buy you a drink. You saved me twice. That's the least I could do."

"Why not do the most?"

"Huh?"

"Do the most and buy me a meal. We'll be even then."

Jinae chuckled, "Alright. I'll buy you lunch tomorrow."

"Great. Then I'll see you tomorrow at noon right here..."

"Jinae." Daehyun smiled, "Jinae."