(Surprise) When Yunsung goes to a masquerade ball

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

© 너의 하루↳ do not edit or remove the logo.

tumblr_inline_nk3io5g02g1rtcuwt.gif

For: kyjinky

Partner: Exo's Jongdae

Thanks for waiting!!!

pagebreak1.png

Yunsung slid the white, jeweled mask on her face that brought out her hazel eyes.

Her maid, and good friend, walked into the room with her shoes and gasped. "You look like an angel!"

Yunsung giggled, "Thanks Sora."

Sora placed the white heels in front of her and clasped her hands together. "And the perfect shoes to complete the look."

Yunsung slipped her feet into the heels that fit her perfectly. "I can't even recognize you with the mask on."

"Perfect. I can't let anyone recognize me." She grabbed her clutch and walked to the door. "Sora-"

"I know, I know. I'll tell the queen you're in the royal library. Go and have fun before tomorrow."

Yunsung nodded and left out the door. She went out the secret back door of the palace and snuck her way to town.

Today would be the last day Yunsung would be able to sneak out to town like this. Tomorrow, she would meet the man she would marry from the neighboring country. And she would finally have to act like the princess she was.

Yunsung confidently walked passed the hall doors into the party. All eyes fell on her and everyone gaped at her beauty. Yunsung shied away into a thick crowd. I hope no once notices me. 

"Yunsung Princess!"

Yunsung froze as the hairs rose on her back.

"She's my role model! She's so beautiful and well-mannered. She even loves to read!" The girl continued to admire Yunsung and talk to her friend nearby.

Yunsung sighed in relief and continued to walk. She grabbed a glass of water from one of the waiters walking around and sipped it while looking around the ball. Her eyes landed on a lean man wearing all black with a black mask that covered his eyes and nose. Yunsung never really cared about men but the one across the room made everything else seem like it was in slow motion.

The man laughed with his friends and turned his head, making eye contact with her. Yunsung stopped breathing. He cocked his head to the side before smiling at her. She peeled her eyes off of him and walked away. Once she was out of his sight, she let out a big breath and touched her chest. 

Why do I feel like this? Yunsung shook her thoughts away and decided to go to the dance floor to enjoy the rest of her freedom.

Yunsung danced with several men and women before switching partners again. Her breath hitched when her eyes met with dark brown, charming eyes. It's him. He gracefully led her around the dance floor.

This time, she didn't look away and kept her eyes on his. He smiled again, making her heart flutter. Stop, Choi Yunsung. You're going to meet your bethrothed tomorrow! Now is not the time to fall in love. 

"I don't think I've ever seen you before." Yunsung's legs grew weak like jello from his soft, calm voice. "My name is-"

Someone pulled them apart to switch partners before he could finish his sentence. Yunsung frowned but kept dancing.

Yunsung stepped out onto the balcony with her white dress flowing behind her. She looked at the view of the town that was lit with bright lights. "I wish I could see this from the palace."

"Me too." Yunsung gasped. The man in black was standing next to her and overlooking the town. He looked at her flustered state and chuckled, "My bad. I didn't mean to frighten you."

"It's alright." The man looked at the town again with sad eyes. "I would love to see this every night but I can't from where I come from. If I could, I would definitely move here to live with the townspeople and go to-" "-the marketplaces to buy useless knick knacks and go to the annual fairs to participate in contest." Yunsung finished, surprising the man.

"I didn't get to introduce myself earlier. I'm Jongdae. Just Jongdae."

Yunsung giggled, "And I'm just Yunsung." Jongdae laughed and held out his hand. "Well, just Yungsung, would you like to go to the marketplace and buy useless knick knacks with me?"

"Yes, I would." She grabbed his hand and they walked toward the markets together.

Yunsung successfully snuck back into the palace and into her room where Sora was pacing around. "You're back! Do you know how worried I was? Why are you so late?"

Yunsung ignored her questions and plopped down onto her bed. "Sora, I think I'm in love."

Sora gawked at her, "WHAT?"

Yunsung giggled as she thought about the man she spent the whole night with. Her giggles faded when she realized that she would probably never see him again. And she was getting married soon.


"Yunsung, honey, the guests are here."

Yunsung walked down the spiral staircase in her light pink gown. She stepped into the main room where her parents and the guests were waiting. "Here she is! Our daughter, Prince Choi Yunsung."

The guests turned around and gasped, "She's so beautiful!"

"We're so lucky to have her as our daughter-in-law."

Yunsung humbly thanked them and looked up. Her eyes widened when she made eye contact with familiar warm, dark brown eyes. Her bethrothed did the same when he saw her.

"Honey, meet your husband-to-be. Prince Kim Jongdae."

Jongdae walked up to her and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Yunsung Princess."

The parents cooed and left them alone to be.

Yunsung never thought that she's be so glad to see her future husband. She thought she'd be tied down to the palace to do princess duties and act properly but with him, it was different. Jongdae loved sneaking out to town. He loved going to balls and marketplaces. He wished to live in the town with the citizens. He was just like her.

Yunsung stepped closer and smiled, "Remember, it's just Yunsung."