When the school's basketball star player asks Bohee out

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

c.a.p.jpg

tumblr_inline_n94jw8FACB1rv9umh.gif

For: AgiSarangNeo

Partner: Teen Top's CAP

pagebreak1.png

"Come on~" Ricky tugged on her sleeve and whined. "It's your last game! After this one, there will be no more. Nada!" Bohee rolled her eyes at her best friend. "Come on, please?" Ricky did his signature puppy eyes and looked at her hopefully, "For me?" Bohee scrunched up her face, "Fine. Only if you stop making that face." His pout immediately formed into a smile, "Yay! Thanks, Bohee! I'll buy you froyo, let's go." Bohee sighed as Ricky dragged her across the street to the froyo shop in front of their school.

Bohee was a senior at Top Academy and would be graduating in a couple of months. She was known for her place in the volleyball team. With her lean legs and perfect posture, all the boys at Top Academy swooned over her. But her eyes were set on one particular boy.

The school's basketball star player: Bang Minsoo.

Although many people were afraid of him due to his cold stare and tattoos, Bohee found him very interesting. She just knew that deep down inside, he was just as caring and loving as Ricky was to her. But of course, she never told anyone. Not even Ricky, because Bohee was also known as the Ice Princess of the school. If the students found out that she was head over heels for the star player, they would and her whole facade would melt down.

Everyone thinks that Bohee is heartless, and she doesn't mind. The students don't mess with her and that's all she cares about.

Bohee got home and ran up the stairs after greeting her dad who was in the kitchen. She entered the pink room and threw her volleyball bag across the floor before jumping onto her bed. Bohee scrolled through her phone on social media until she landed on a poster that was posted by the student body. The prom? 

Bohee clicked on it and read the details. "This is going to be my last school dance." And first, if I go. Bohee sighed and threw her phone onto the other side of the bed. "If only he would ask me." She closed her eyes and let sleep take over her thoughts.

It was Friday. The big day for the whole school. The school's last game of the year against Woollim High School. Cheerleaders jumped around and shouted out the school's name and players as the crowd cheered along, waiting for the game to start.

"Let's sit over there." Ricky sat down near the middle of the bleachers, next to his friend, Niel. Bohee plopped down right next to him and looked at her phone. "Yah." She felt someone nudge her. She turned to see Ricky's frowny face. "It's your first and last game. So enjoy it! Instead of staring at your phone the entire time." Bohee reluctantly followed his orders and rested her elbow on her knee. At least I get to see him. 

Bohee unconsciously cheered throughout most of the game, whenever Minsoo got the ball or made a shot. Ricky gawked at her enthusiasm, When was she ever interested in basketball? Bohee's heart fluttered when Minsoo turned around and met eyes with her. He smiled and did a little wave. Bohee's eyes widened as her cheeks became red. Did he just say hi to me? 

Other girls around her squealed when Minsoo waved. Bohee rolled her eyes, Ugh, such fangirls. But Bohee felt the same way on the inside, just like a fangirl.

It was half time and people were getting back to their seats after a little trip to the snack bar. Ricky munched on a pretzel and Niel ate his pizza. Bohee looked around for the familiar star player but didn't see him anywhere. A small frown appeared on her face but she quickly wiped it off when Ricky called her. "I have to go to the bathroom, come with me." Bohee made a face and pushed his face away, "What are you, a girl? Go by yourself." Ricky pouted and made his puppy eyes again. "Bohe-"

"Okay let's go." Bohee started down the stairs toward the court when suddnely, one of the basketball players ran out onto the court with a single red rose in his hand. Bohee gasped when he ran toward her, handing her the flower with a smile on his face. Bohee turned around and realized that Ricky was still in his seat, grinning slyly at her like Cheshire Cat.

Then, another player came up to her and handed her a rose. One by one, all the players came out and filled her hands to make a bouquet of a dozen flowers. Bohee didn't know what to do but open her eyes and mouth wide and wait for something to happen next. The last player on the team, Changjo, urged her to go to the center of the court.

Bohee hesitated but slowly started to make her way. All eyes were on her as some of the audience cooed and aw-ed at the scene. Bohee stopped in her tracks when she saw someone holding the last rose at the center of the court. He cleared his throat. "Jeong Bohee." Her heart raced and she almost melted at the way he said her name. "I like you." Bohee gasped as people cheered and cooed. The star player smiled and walked up to her.

He searched her eyes before asking, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispered, but everyone started to whoop and chant: "Say yes, say yes!" Bohee suddenly felt nauseous. It was as if Bohee couldn't breathe as her eyes became watery. I can't believe this is happening. Minsoo gazed into her eyes, praying that she'd say yes.

Everyone went silent at her answer.

"No."


When the game was over, students and parents started filing out of the gym. "Of course she would say no, she's not the ice princess for nothing." Bohee sighed as she leaned on the wall outside of the gym. "At least they still won. I'm glad he was still able to play his best."

Bohee waited outside until everyone was gone. She heard familiar voices and turned around. Minsoo and his team were cheering and deciding on where to have their congratulatory meal at. Among his friends, Minsoo was the only one with a frown on his face. Bohee sighed in regret and quickly shuffled toward him.

"Minsoo-yah." Everyone turned around. Changjo patted Minsoo's shoulder, "We'll go first. Take your time."

Soon, it was just the two of them in an awkward silence. "You're a dummy." Minsoo raised his brows. Bohee cleared and looked to the side, "I mean, why would you ask me in front of the whole school? It's very overwhelming, you know." Minsoo started to chuckle and ended up laughing.

"That's why you rejected me?" Minsoo took a step closer. "I'm sorry for making a fool out of you in front of everyone. I just can't stand being the center of attention an-" She gasped when she landed in Minsoo's arms.

"Thank you." Bohee furrowed her brows, "You're not mad?" Minsoo chuckled. "No, why would I be mad when I just got the girl of my dreams?" Bohee's heart skipped a beat. She wrapped her arms around his fit build and breathed in his cologne. Even though he was a little sweaty, he smelled nice in her opinion. 

I guess I'm going to prom.