When Joyce said she wouldn't date boys younger than her when S.coups confessed that he likes her

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

1f153e80517a32bb360f8572ed369ae1419de77e

tumblr_inline_o3ffip4VyH1te7281_500.gif

For: summerdust

Partner: Seventeen S.coups

I hope you like it!pagebreak1.png

S.coups held the necklace he picked out with the help of his friends behind his back. It was a simple curved bar necklace from Tiffany and Co. Thank the heavens it was on sale.

I hope she likes it.

S.coups smiled to himself and bit his lower lip. Ever since a couple weeks ago, Joyce has been constantly flirting with him and being touchy. 

According to Jeonghan, Joyce was definitely into him, and S.coups was close to being in love with her ever since he first saw her disecting a pig in his sophomore year of college.

He knew it was weird to fall for someone after seeing them disect an unborn animal, but he did anyway. Joyce wanted to be a surgeon and he supported her all the way.

And he planned to support her as her boyfriend,not just as her junior.

He heard the professor dismiss the class and he grew more nervous. The students walked out of the class. 

S.coups spotted Joyce saying goodbye to her friends and walked over.

"Oh? Hey, Coups." 

Her smile melted his heart. "Hey, Joyce noona."

"Why are you here? Did we plan to eat together today?"

"No, I just wanted to...tell you something."

"Okay. Let's go outside. Being inside the classroom all day was stuffy."

S.coups nodded and held her textbook for her out of habit. 

Joyce sipped her ice Americano as they sat on the bench outside the building. 

"What did you want to tell me?"

"I, uh, noona."

"Yeah?"

S.coups took a deep breath before turning toward her. "I really like you, noona."

Joyce stopped sipping. "...Coups."

"We've known each other for two years now and...I fell for you somewhere along the way. Actually, I think I fell when I saw how amazed you were when you held the pig's heart in your hands. You were so-"

"Seungcheol."

S.coups stopped smiling and looked at her. She never called him his real name before.

Joyce looked at him with sad eyes. "Seungcheol..."

She bit her lip. This didn't look like a good sign.

"I don't date boys who are younger than me."

S.coups heart sank as he gripped onto the gift box. 

"I'm sorry."

Joyce grabbed her bag and got up before could even show it to her. 


S.coups looked at the box on the table and sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hey man. Why are you so down?"

CjVNgx4VEAAsJDV.jpg

Jeonghan entered through the front door with his laundry basket. He saw the mint-colored box on the table. 

He set the basket next to him. "She didn't say yes." He said it more as a statement than a question.

"I was so sure that she liked you back."

"Well, you were wrong. She said she doesn't date younger boys."

Jeonghan sat down across from him. "Wait. Is that all she said?"

S.coups looked at him. "Yeah. Why?"

"So she didn't say that she doesn't like you."

"No."

"S.coups!" Jeonghan abruptly stood up.

S.coups flinched, "What? Why are you yelling?!"

"She likes you. I know it! Notice how she didn't say that she doesn't like you back?"

He's right....All she said was that she doesn't date younger boys.

"Thanks, man." He clapped Jeonghan on the shoulder before heading out with the gift and an umbrella in his hand.

Joyce left the library and frowned. "I didn't know it would rain today. I don't have an umbrella with me." She looked at her new backpack she bought just two days ago and sighed. 

"I can just wash you when I get home I guess." She lifted the backpack over her head and ran out into the rain.

Joyce squealed as the drops of rain hit her. Suddenly, someone came out from behind her and stood right in front of her, blocking her way.

She looked up and gasped. "S.coups."

He was holding a yellow umbrella while smiling. 

There faces were so close. Joyce blinked away from their staring contest and turned to walk past him but he stopped her. 

"Joyce."

Joyce looked at him in surprise. He never called her name before without adding "noona", and she didn't not like it.

"Joyce," he repeated. "I like you."

"Seungcheol..."

"I really like you."

"I told you-"

"I don't usually date older girls, but look where I am now. I like you, Joyce. And yes, I may be younger but I'm only younger by an year. We're not even one year apart. Only seven months."

Joyce soflty chuckled. "You're so silly."

"Then I'll change and be more mature, if that's what you want."

"I don't want you to change. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"My brother is a year younger so I feel weird about this."

S.coups held her hand, "Then I'll try my best to be older. Just forget about the fact that I'm younger. I won't call you noona anymore. That's okay, right?"

Joyce smiled and nodded. "You're right."

"You didn't say that you didn't like me...so," he took out a box from inside his jacket and Joyce's eyes grew big.

"Coups..."

"I really like you, Joyce. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Joyce softened at his effort. "Yes, I will."

S.coups smiled and took the necklace out and locked it around her neck. "You're mine now," he grinned.

Joyce giggled and kissed his cheek. "And you're mine."

"Come on, let's go somewhere inside."