(Sequel) When Mei keeps going back to the merman that saved her life

A Lovely Day Scenario Shop: Not Taking Anymore Requests

Image result for suga bts 2017

3277717586_1_2_tHNrt12Y.gif 

For: meimei13

Partner: BTS' Yoongi

I hope you like it! This is the sequel to chapter 233!

pagebreak1.png

"Don't worry mom. I'm not going to a party during the day. I'm just going to the lighthouse!" Mei shouted as she put her flip flops on and headed out the door. 

"You've been going there a lot lately. You're not doing... bad things, are you?"

"Mom! My friends aren't bad and I won't ever go near drugs, don't worry." She shut the door and skipped over to the lighthouse that was at the edge of the shore that surrounded the little town she called home. 

Up until two months ago, she didn't know that it was home to species other than humans. To mermaids. Well, merman, as Yoongi always pointed out. 

Mei hummed as she felt the summer sand on her feet. She picked up a handful of small rocks and threw it into the ocean once she reached the lighthouse. She spotted a tuft of black hair underneath the surface of the blue water and threw a bigger rock at it.

"Ow! I told you to stop doing that."

"Changing your hair color isn't going to make me not recognize you, mermaid."

Yoongi scowled at the nickname. "What if I was one of the bad mermaids, huh? Then what would you do? You could yell and scream for help as it pulls you into the water and I won't even care."

Mei gasped in horror. "There are such things as bad mermaids?"

"Merman. And did you not hear that I won't come to save you-"

"The water feels so nice today, don't you think so?" Mei changed the topic while splashing water at his face. 

He spluttered with a look of disbelief on his face. This girl. He lifted his tail and slammed it onto the water, splashing water onto Mei.

Mei screamed, soaking wet. "Yoongi!"

Yoongi burst out laughing and swam away. "What are you going to do? Throw air at me?" He cackled but shut up when she threw another rock at him. 

"You know, I can sue you for harrassing me."

"Yeah, because they'll totally make me, a human, pay."

"You never know. Our world is different from yours."

"I wonder what it's like. Your world." 

Yoongi turned silent. He could never take her to his world. One, she can't hold her breath underwater for long. Two, there was no world. He was one of that last merpeople left on the planet and he just so happened to be swimming by when Mei was drowning. 

Yoongi was glad he decided to go look for his family. Deep down inside, he knew they were all gone, but he still held onto that string of hope. Deep deep down, he knew he would never get anywhere. Mindlessly swimming toward nothing. But now, with Mei here, he felt like he found what he was looking for. She filled up the hole inside his heart, and he hoped she would stay there forever.

"Have you ever wondered what my world is like? I mean, in movies, the mermaids always want to come up to land."

"Well, unlike your fairytales, I can't just grow legs when my tail is dry. It doesn't work like that." Yoongi said it like a joke but she could tell that he hid sadness under his voice. 

"Then I guess I'll just have to come here everyday since you can't come up."

Yoongi lit up at her words, his heart skipping a beat and his shoulders relaxing a bit. "Everyday? Ugh, I have to see you every single day? What a bummer."

Mei laughed as Yoongi grinned, showing off his adorable gummy smile. When she stopped laughing, she suddenly got washed with a wave of sadness. Once she goes off to college, which isn't far away considering she graduated from high school a month ago, she won't be able to see Yoongi anymore. Yoongi can't swim to wherever she is and she can't stay here. There's no college in this small town. 

One day, she won't be able to see Yoongi everyday like this. Maybe never again.

Mei stood up and took her flip flops off. "Here I come, mermaid!" 

"What- Ah!" Yoongi's voice got muffled by water when Mei jumped right on top of him, pushing him down. 

She was laughing so loud that she didn't hear him cursing at her. "You're so heavy! Get off!" 

"Oh, shut up. I weigh like a feather in water."

Yoongi scrunched his face and complained but smiled when she wasn't looking. She wrapped her hands around his neck, like the second time they met, and laughed. "I should've done this before so I could do this."

She flicked his forehead, making him yelp in shock and pain. "Oh, you're so going to get it."

Mei let out a shriek of laughter as she swam away from him. He quickly caught up with her and grabbed her waist from behind, making her scream. "Did you think you could get away? I have a fin, Mei. You can't ever swim away from me."

She turned to face him, his arms still around her waist. "Oh right. It's probably slimy and squishy like a-" She gasped when she felt what she felt on the first day they met. 

His soft, pouty lips on hers. Except this time, they were above water, and she felt like she was flying. She closed her eyes and kissed back, tilting her head to kiss deeper. His tail gently wrapped around her ankles, making sure she was real, still there. 

Mei was running out of breath but didn't pull back. She wanted to savor his taste, remember this moment, engrave it into her heart and mind to keep and look back at whenever she missed him. She wanted to actually feel everything: his lips, his strong arms, his locks between her fingers, his touch, his taste, his smell, his everything. She didn't want to lose any of it.

She guessed Yoongi felt that same as he didn't pull back until they really couldn't take it anymore. 

Mei looked into his dark, sea blue eyes. The most beautiful eyes she has ever seen. And he stared back with the same look of love, longing, and sorrow. They both knew that they could never be together. It has only been two months since they met but they were in love with each other. A merman and a human, something that could never be. 

Mei stayed in the water a while longer in his arms until the sun set. She would love to spend every day like this if she could.

"It's getting dark."

That was Yoongi's way of telling her that she should get home before it get's too late. But he didn't want to say those words because then she might actually leave.

"Yeah," was all she replied with.

"You know I'll always be here, right?"

"You know that's the cheesiest thing you ever said, right?"

"Shut up."

Mei laughed and hugged him. "Yes, I know. And I'll always want to be right here next to you."

"Okay, that wasn't a welcome call for you to come every single day. I'm tired of your face already, goodness-" Mei pushed his face away with a scowl.

"Like I said, harrassment."

Mei liked that Yoongi could still joke around.

"I'm going home."

"See you tomorrow."

She hopes she can joke around with him forever.